Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2015-01-25, 04:22)Gink Wrote: Does the setting "Follow User Setting Watched/Unwatched" actually do anything? The description "Run in background and update the watchedlist database every time the user changes a watched state" makes me think it should be updating the database in real time when I set something to watched, or finish a show and it gets marked watched. I'm using a mysql database and it seems like watched states are only getting set on the periodic full updates I currently have set for every 12 hours.
This setting behaves as you assume it should. It leads to permanent activity of the addon in background. Basically, there is an endless loop which checks for user action. If user action is detected (press any key on remote or keyboard), the whole database is compared to the state before and is synched with the mySQL database.
You can see if that works, if you set debug mode in addon settings to enabled and enable debug logging in kodi. Then there should be log entries in kodi.log like "18:00:37 T:140017353058048 DEBUG: service.watchedlist: watch_user_changes: Check for user changes (no. 0)"
I tested this to be working. It could take some time between setting something as watched (or unwatched) and the message being displayed, because the addon has to crunch the entire database.

(2015-01-25, 04:22)Gink Wrote: So is the only way to keep multiple xbmc instances synced is to set it to run full updates more often? Will that interrupt viewing or make menus unresponsive if I run periodic updates every hour or so, but turn off the progress indicator?
normally for full sync you should use the method above. However running the full update without the progress bars should not disturb using kodi in the menu of while watching media.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - by schapplm - 2015-01-25, 19:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3