Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2015-01-25, 19:14)schapplm Wrote: Basically, there is an endless loop which checks for user action. If user action is detected (press any key on remote or keyboard), the whole database is compared to the state before and is synched with the mySQL database.
You can see if that works, if you set debug mode in addon settings to enabled and enable debug logging in kodi. Then there should be log entries in kodi.log like "18:00:37 T:140017353058048 DEBUG: service.watchedlist: watch_user_changes: Check for user changes (no. 0)"

Thanks for the info. I enabled debugging in both, but there's no sign of a service.watchedlist or any other indication of the loop watching anything.
Perhaps it has something to do with my combination of settings. Does having the autorun set to periodic cause the service to sleep and not be watching? Is it necessary to set the autostart mode to "no update" for it to stay running in the background?

Code:
else: # no autostart, only watch user
                    sleeptime = 3600 # arbitrary time for infinite loop

Do the different sleeptime values for one or periodic updates mean the service isn't watching in the space between full updates?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I've been marking things watched and see nothing in debug logs, nor any change in the episode_watched table for the show. The add-on seems functional, so I'm thinking I must just not understand the settings.

-----
I tested switching autostart mode to "no update" and restarting xbmc. Now I see the service running anytime I press a button on the remote. Takes a few minutes to update the DB, but definitely works with those settings. It doesn't pick up the changes that I made previously, which makes sense as it is comparing states of the xbmc db, but I could run a manual update to get it up to date, then it will track all changes going forward.

Appreciate the assistance, now that I understand how it is working, I should be able to get the settings just right to sync my media centers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - by Gink - 2015-01-25, 20:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3