• 7(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2016-06-12, 10:33)schapplm Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 11:16)enhde Wrote: with delay time 0 sec nothing happens/is updated [...] with delay times >0 sec it works
I was able to reproduce and fix the error:

Code:
Direct Download: https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist/archive/testing.zip
Repo: git clone https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist.git -b testing

I will merge this to the official repo soon.

Brilliant addon! Thanks for the work. I do have one minor bug (??). When I turn off "Progress Dialog" I am still seeing popups. I have complete faith in the addon and would like to have it run periodically in the background, without the dialog. I am guessing this is the way it should work when you turn off Dialog Progress right? Could you look into it? Thanks a million!
(2016-06-30, 10:15)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Brilliant addon! Thanks for the work. I do have one minor bug (??). When I turn off "Progress Dialog" I am still seeing popups. I have complete faith in the addon and would like to have it run periodically in the background, without the dialog. I am guessing this is the way it should work when you turn off Dialog Progress right? Could you look into it? Thanks a million!

Thanks for your feedback. The option "Progress Dialog" just enables the progress bar for the loop over the full database (all movies and tv episodes).
I thought it was useful to disable this, since no user input (except cancel) is possible and this takes some minutes.

Disabling the popups is not intended by this option.
If you think it is useful, I could add a "silent mode", which only shows error popups.
The popups don't behave as intended anyway, since they seem only to be refreshed upon keyboard input in the new Kodi version and are queued somehow.
Hi, firstly, thanks for creating an excellent plugin, its just what I was after to sync what I've watched between the setups in my house. I have though encountered an error whilst using this plugin which I hope you can help with, apologies if its been discussed elsewhere but I couldn't spot any reference to it. I am successfully using the plugin to synchronise two KODI setups (Windows 10 / KODI 16.1 and Raspbery Pi / Openelec 6.0 / KODI 15.2) via Dropbox. The issue I'm encountering is when I try to use it on my Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick (both running KODI 16.1), I click on the "Dropbox Auth Code" setting and unlike the other systems where I get a QR code, a Dropbox API error is displayed with an instruction to check the logs. Everything else is working and I can see the watchedlist.db file being created locally, only setting up the Dropbox sync is causing a problem. Below is the error from the log, do you have any suggestions as to what the cause of the problem is? Thanks.

11:27:23 T:1394928024 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Dropbox Error: Error importing python Dropbox API. Disable function.
(2016-07-04, 12:30)Nick-B Wrote: The issue I'm encountering is when I try to use it on my Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick (both running KODI 16.1) [...]
11:27:23 T:1394928024 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Dropbox Error: Error importing python Dropbox API. Disable function.

It seems, that there is a python error with the dropbox plugin on some platforms like OSX or Android.
Amazon Fire TV runs on Android 4.2, so it is also affected by this bug.
The problem was reported in this post and is already submitted as an issue.
For a work-around, you could use a network watchedlist database.
Hello, its actually my fault -- technically I maintain the dropbox plugin -- I've fixed it and validated it on my nexus player. I'll get the pull request into the scripts repo and then we can update the plugin to use the 2.2.2 version of the dropbox plugin.

[B]Edit[B]: merge was accepted here.
Thanks schapplm and micahg for your quick replies, I've been able to set up my systems to use a local folder on my Raspberry Pi (which is the system I use the most), so thank you for your inputs, I would like to use Dropbox so that the watchedlist is available even when the Pi is offline and so look forward to the updated plugin. Thanks again for your help.
(2016-07-03, 20:36)schapplm Wrote:
(2016-06-30, 10:15)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Brilliant addon! Thanks for the work. I do have one minor bug (??). When I turn off "Progress Dialog" I am still seeing popups. I have complete faith in the addon and would like to have it run periodically in the background, without the dialog. I am guessing this is the way it should work when you turn off Dialog Progress right? Could you look into it? Thanks a million!

Thanks for your feedback. The option "Progress Dialog" just enables the progress bar for the loop over the full database (all movies and tv episodes).
I thought it was useful to disable this, since no user input (except cancel) is possible and this takes some minutes.

If you think it is useful, I could add a "silent mode", which only shows error popups.
The popups don't behave as intended anyway, since they seem only to be refreshed upon keyboard input in the new Kodi version and are queued somehow.

Hi schapplm. Thanks for the reply. I would really like the option to enable silent mode. No need for these notifications imo. So, yeah, if you can add it, that would be awesome!
Hi! This is an absolutely excellent plugin. I would really, really like a silent option - that gets rid of both the messages (I would like to only see error messages) and the sounds when the plugin starts and finishes. (I'm often so quick in starting a movie or episode that the "finished" sound occurs after starting playback!)

Here's hoping! Keep up the good work!
Hi - This looks like a great add-on. I've recently been toying with different options. I use a dedicated server with mysql, which works great. Watched status (on HTPC, ATV2, etc) all synced, so is play / pause / resume points Smile. Only issue, is that ATV2 max Kodi version is 14.2. So I've not upgraded any other versions, but I'd like to. I'm looking for a workaround. I've tried Trakt.tv, which works for watched status (and syncs with plex as a bonus), but it requires a full library scan to sync, and I can't get play progress to sync (stop on HTPC, resume same point on ATV2) like I can with mysql using the same version of Kodi.

I've also messed with Emby, but it's been pretty resource intensive, and I'm not a huge fan so far.

Anyway - long story short, I see that this can sync watched status among different Kodi versions (which is what I'm looking for). I'm wondering if it can also sync resume point (i.e. stop movie in one room, resume in another). If so, this would be perfect. If not, could this be something that's added? I'd imagine, in addition to a watched status column in the table, a "resume point" column could be added. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it though. Thanks.
(2016-07-03, 20:36)schapplm Wrote:

Hi. Did you get a chance to make that "silent mode"? Would love an update! Cheers!
(2016-07-05, 13:35)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Hi schapplm. Thanks for the reply. I would really like the option to enable silent mode. No need for these notifications imo. So, yeah, if you can add it, that would be awesome!

(2016-07-24, 15:42)mr42 Wrote: I would really, really like a silent option - that gets rid of both the messages (I would like to only see error messages) and the sounds when the plugin starts and finishes. (I'm often so quick in starting a movie or episode that the "finished" sound occurs after starting playback!)

(2016-08-13, 23:31)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Hi. Did you get a chance to make that "silent mode"? Would love an update! Cheers!

(2016-07-29, 15:50)danm13 Wrote: Anyway - long story short, I see that this can sync watched status among different Kodi versions (which is what I'm looking for). I'm wondering if it can also sync resume point (i.e. stop movie in one room, resume in another). If so, this would be perfect. If not, could this be something that's added? I'd imagine, in addition to a watched status column in the table, a "resume point" column could be added. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it though. Thanks.

I did not get to code something yet. But added it to github for starting.
(2016-08-20, 10:17)schapplm Wrote: I did not get to code something yet. But added it to github for starting.

Wonderful! Here's hoping you'll have the time to implement it. Smile
(2016-08-20, 10:17)schapplm Wrote:
(2016-07-05, 13:35)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Hi schapplm. Thanks for the reply. I would really like the option to enable silent mode. No need for these notifications imo. So, yeah, if you can add it, that would be awesome!

(2016-07-24, 15:42)mr42 Wrote: I would really, really like a silent option - that gets rid of both the messages (I would like to only see error messages) and the sounds when the plugin starts and finishes. (I'm often so quick in starting a movie or episode that the "finished" sound occurs after starting playback!)

(2016-08-13, 23:31)DeadlyKnapsack Wrote: Hi. Did you get a chance to make that "silent mode"? Would love an update! Cheers!

(2016-07-29, 15:50)danm13 Wrote: Anyway - long story short, I see that this can sync watched status among different Kodi versions (which is what I'm looking for). I'm wondering if it can also sync resume point (i.e. stop movie in one room, resume in another). If so, this would be perfect. If not, could this be something that's added? I'd imagine, in addition to a watched status column in the table, a "resume point" column could be added. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it though. Thanks.

I did not get to code something yet. But added it to github for starting.

GREAT! Smile
Hi there,

Superb addon and really useful. I make my backups to SD Card. I was wondering if it would be possible to limit the number of backups. For example if you set it to 5 then once there are five on there it would delete the oldest one.
The backup addon from robwebber does this quite well.

Thanks
Having a really weird error that locks the whole system up and cant do anything. Image

Could it be to with using the USB from another box running WatchedList Addon as well. Im trying to get a log but the system keeps locking up.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3