Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2017-01-26, 21:50)rickm Wrote: I've seen more than one post where people say they have 2 Kodi instances sharing a mySQL daatabase and both instances run this add-on. That doesn't make sense to me. I have a shared SQL Kodi database so I already see the same watched flags on all my Kodi machines. It seems to me I only need to install and run this add-on on one Kodi instance, which I'd do on the main server where the files reside. My server is Debian/jessie Kodi 16.1, also have a Minix U1 and old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 also both Kodi 16.1.

Am I missing something? Doesn't the add-on just need to run on one machine?

Also from my point of view, one instance of the addon would be enough, since this one instance would update the shared mySQL Kodi library.
However there is one feature, the detection of videos being marked as unwatched, which requires the addon to run on every Kodi client.
If you have a central WL addon on machine A and you mark a video as unwatched in Kodi on machine B and therefore in the central mySQL database, then the WL addon on machine A would again mark the video as watched at the next WL update. The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter.
I am not 100% sure about this special case though.
From my experience, the shared mySQL database makes the access of the movie list too slow (at least in my WiFi network), so I use separate databases for each machine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - by schapplm - 2017-01-26, 22:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3