Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2017-01-26, 22:15)schapplm Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 21:50)rickm Wrote: Am I missing something? Doesn't the add-on just need to run on one machine?

Also from my point of view, one instance of the addon would be enough, since this one instance would update the shared mySQL Kodi library.
However there is one feature, the detection of videos being marked as unwatched, which requires the addon to run on every Kodi client.
If you have a central WL addon on machine A and you mark a video as unwatched in Kodi on machine B and therefore in the central mySQL database, then the WL addon on machine A would again mark the video as watched at the next WL update. The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter.
I am not 100% sure about this special case though.

Oh, I didn't think of this. So with just a central WL addon on machine A I could never set something back to unwatched! I probably need to do that.

So how do I configure machine B? I'm guessing there is a way to set it up such that machine B never scans the database since machine A is doing it? Is this right for machine B?
- Update movies watched state - no
- Update episodes watched state - no
- Start with Kodi (autorun) - yes
- autostart mode - no update
- follow user setting watched/unwatched - yes

Does "autorun" and "autostart" mean the same thing or two different features?

Please explain "The detection for mark as unwatched is based on a user inactivity counter." How does this work? There are multiple ways to toggle the watched state (menu items, the remote/keyboard "w" key). Are they all "caught" by WL as user actions?

(2017-01-26, 22:15)schapplm Wrote: From my experience, the shared mySQL database makes the access of the movie list too slow (at least in my WiFi network), so I use separate databases for each machine.

I have 315 movies and 4037 episodes and the shared mySQL database access seems fine on my network.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state - by rickm - 2017-01-26, 23:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3