• 11(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
Thanks! That worked Smile
How can I get / export a list (e.g. a txt file with a list) of all of the watched movies / series?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
I assume you use the SQLite database and not mySQL for the WatchedList Addon.
  • Open the Database file with one of the tools described in the wiki
  • For Windows: In SQLite DB Browser do "Database Structure" > right click on movie_watched > Export as CSV file. The Output can be processed with LibreOffice Calc or Microsoft Excel or a plain text editor
  • For Linux: In Sqliteman enter one of the queries
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM movie_watched
    or
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM episode_watched
    and then save the output with the button "export data". This also gives you the CSV table.
The list of watched episodes will be connected to the list of TV shows though.
Thank you very much!

Quote: I assume you use the SQLite database and not mySQL for the WatchedList Addon.
I am not quite sure, I left the defaults, I guess.

Quote:For Windows: In SQLite DB Browser do "Database Structure" > right click on movie_watched > Export as CSV file. The Output can be processed with LibreOffice Calc or Microsoft Excel or a plain text editor
I did:

It looks a bit unhandy:

Can I get the file names / movie names only?

And there are only shown the movies obviously I have watched since I have installed WatchedList. Can I show / export all of the watched movies?

Many thanks again
(2017-07-01, 10:24)Boyzie Wrote: Can I get the file names / movie names only?
You export the csv file with a delimiter for new columns. This has to match your settings for importing in Excel. There you can select e.g. "," as separator and set all cell contents in quotation marks. If you look at the file in a text editor this should become obvious. Import and export settings have to match of course. Since this is more of an Office question and this is a Kodi forum I suggest you google something like "excel csv import settings". If you have the right table in Excel, then you can delete the columns with the numbers and just keep the column with movie names.

(2017-07-01, 10:24)Boyzie Wrote: And there are only shown the movies obviously I have watched since I have installed WatchedList. Can I show / export all of the watched movies?

There should be all the movies that are in the WatchedList database. If you watched movies before installing the WatchedList addon and removed them from the Kodi video library afterwards, the WatchedList addon has no possibility to become aware of this and this information is lost.
Quote:You export the csv file with a delimiter for new columns. This has to match your settings for importing in Excel. There you can select e.g. "," as separator and set all cell contents in quotation marks. If you look at the file in a text editor this should become obvious. Import and export settings have to match of course. Since this is more of an Office question and this is a Kodi forum I suggest you google something like "excel csv import settings". If you have the right table in Excel, then you can delete the columns with the numbers and just keep the column with movie names.
Alright, I have to change the import settings of the program which shows the content.

Could I use the MyVideos107.db file instead of watchedlist.db to export last watched movies?

Quote:If you watched movies before installing the WatchedList addon and removed them from the Kodi video library afterwards,...
Yes, I watched before but didn't remove the movies from the library or else. How could I check, if they are available in Kodi under last watched movies? With a playlist? "Playcount is not "0"? Or "Last watched"?

I have Kodi let done a clean of the library, may be that is the cause.

Many thanks again
(2017-07-01, 11:36)Boyzie Wrote: Could I use the MyVideos107.db file instead of watchedlist.db to export last watched movies?
You could try to open the MyVideos107.db with the sqlite tool and get the data from the view 'movieview'. This should be the same data (playcount, timestamp of last watching) as of the WatchedList addon.

(2017-07-01, 11:36)Boyzie Wrote: How could I check, if they are available in Kodi under last watched movies? With a playlist? "Playcount is not "0"? Or "Last watched"?
I am not sure, if there is a filter/sorting option in the normal Kodi skins. I think you have to go through the library manually with external tools. If you want the watched movies in the order you watched them, this query works for the mySQL database MyVideos107:
Code:
SELECT `c00` , `playCount` , `lastPlayed` FROM `movie_view` WHERE `playCount` NOT LIKE 0 ORDER BY `lastPlayed` DESC
The query for SQLite should be similar or the same.
Yes, works perfectly the query, thank you very much! The same result like before, no more watched movies.

Quote:I am not sure, if there is a filter/sorting option in the normal Kodi skins.
Yes, it works with playlists. They show the same last watched result like the query. Very strange, any idea what happened, why the movies watched (besides of the last ones) are not shown (anymore).

Can I make WatchedList automatically create a (txt or csv) list (the first time - or I would create it) and then automatically (may be after a defined period, daily or so) add the new movies (may be the movie names only or their file names (and / or series) being watched to that list regulary / if need be / after a special amount of watched movies?
Or, if not, how could I do it manually in a more convenient way, may be with a single click or so?

Is there a difference between those versions, I guess, it isn't:

What is the "WatchedList.db" actually used for, what is the advantage of having one?

Many thanks again
(2017-07-02, 14:33)Boyzie Wrote: Can I make WatchedList automatically create a (txt or csv) list (the first time - or I would create it) and then automatically (may be after a defined period, daily or so) add the new movies (may be the movie names only or their file names (and / or series) being watched to that list regulary / if need be / after a special amount of watched movies?
Or, if not, how could I do it manually in a more convenient way, may be with a single click or so?
Since the addon was not intended to create such a list, this is not possible. If you really need this list, I guess one way would be to create a shell or python script which is called periodically by the user or a scheduler (like cron in Linux). This script would use sql database queries like the one from my last post on the sqlite file (does not matter if it is the watchedlist.db or the MyVideos.db) and further process it to output the desired text file. For sample code you could look at the source code of the WatchedList addon. But I think this goes out of the scope of this thread.

(2017-07-02, 14:33)Boyzie Wrote: Is there a difference between those versions, I guess, it isn't:
No, they are identical.

(2017-07-02, 14:33)Boyzie Wrote: What is the "WatchedList.db" actually used for, what is the advantage of having one?
The database file watchedlist.db contains the watched information of all movies and episodes of the user managed by the addon WatchedList. The Kodi database (MyVideo107.db) also stores this information, but watched status is stored per file. So If you move/rename video files, the watched state gets lost. Perhaps this happened to your media?
In short: The file watchedlist.db is the main user data file of the addon.
Quote:Since the addon was not intended to create such a list, this is not possible. If you really need this list, I guess one way would be to create a shell or python script which is called periodically by the user or a scheduler (like cron in Linux). This script would use sql database queries like the one from my last post on the sqlite file (does not matter if it is the watchedlist.db or the MyVideos.db) and further process it to output the desired text file. For sample code you could look at the source code of the WatchedList addon. But I think this goes out of the scope of this thread.
Yes, and out of the scope of my small brain / abilities, I guess.

Quote:So If you move/rename video files, the watched state gets lost. Perhaps this happened to your media?
Yes, it might have happened, I have moved some movies but most of the movies on that drive should have stayed where they have been, so that actually cannot be the cause.

But since I very often move videos (after having watched them and else) and always was bothered by losing that watched status this add on is perfect for me, exactly what I need. Unfortunatly I installed it too late, didn't know it is available.

So I can let WatchedList automatically (by default 24 hours, so I do not have to change any setting, is that right?) back up / copy the status to its database (watchedlist.db) and after I have moved videos it (automatically?) will update the Kodi database or by left mouse click on the item "watchedlist" in Kodi? And I can manually (e.g. weekly) make your query thanks again, to export the watched movie names to a csv. That would be sufficient.
(2017-07-02, 19:24)Boyzie Wrote: So I can let WatchedList automatically (by default 24 hours, so I do not have to change any setting, is that right?) back up / copy the status to its database (watchedlist.db) and after I have moved videos it (automatically?) will update the Kodi database or by left mouse click on the item "watchedlist" in Kodi? And I can manually (e.g. weekly) make your query thanks again, to export the watched movie names to a csv. That would be sufficient.
Yes, exactly. But make sure that also the autostart/autorun option of WatchedList is active, otherwise the 24 hours interval will be greyed out in the options and nothing will happen.
So this should be the right settings:

Means (hope, I got it right):
- I do not have to do anything besides of to manually make the watched movie list by doing your query.
- And if I move a movie / series (e.g. to another drive) WatchedList will update (the watched status) Kodi automatically
(2017-07-03, 08:47)Boyzie Wrote: So this should be the right settings:
Means (hope, I got it right):
- I do not have to do anything besides of to manually make the watched movie list by doing your query.
- And if I move a movie / series (e.g. to another drive) WatchedList will update (the watched status) Kodi automatically
Yes. For a detailed explanation on the options please look in the wiki.
Alright, very great, very great add on, many thanks for the link
When I query
Code:
SELECT `c00` , `playCount` , `lastPlayed` FROM `movie_view` WHERE `playCount` NOT LIKE 0 ORDER BY `lastPlayed` DESC
here
this is shown:

Do not know what I am missing. How could get the export?

It works with the MyVideos107.db
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3