• 18(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
The Dropbox upload is only applied once per manual or periodic start.
There is no upload in the "watch user mode", where every change from the user is written to the database, once detected.
I was not sure about the dropbox terms of use and did not want to spam their servers which could have meant losing the API key I requested for this addon.
Thanks for the info. Will stick to standard local database file then. Blush
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Thank you for this add-on!

Do you think it would be possible to show progress in the background even when an update is manually invoked? Maybe as a user configurable setting? Thanks in advance!
Also, it would be great if this add-on could be extended to the music library and save playcounts and ratings. I had to drop the music database once and losing those meant losing a lot of lifetime and lifeblood.
Does anybody know how to convert the watchedlist.db lastplayed entry of 1523023200 into normal date/time?

Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looks like an epoch type timepstamp: https://www.epochconverter.com/
Great. Thanks @beeswax Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@schapplm
Thanks for the great Add-on.

Is it possible to add a fixed time for daily update?
I would love to start update daily at 4am when everyone is sleeping ;-)

I am thinking about Cron jobs: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron
Running the update at a specific time is not possible at the moment.
Running it via Cron would require the possibility to run this Kodi addon directly from the shell, which could be possibly by the tools from kodi-eventclients-kodi-send (command kodi-send).
I added this to the github issue tracker, but probably I will not find time to implement this via the addon settings.
(2018-11-02, 00:46)HeresJohnny Wrote: Also, it would be great if this add-on could be extended to the music library and save playcounts and ratings. I had to drop the music database once and losing those meant losing a lot of lifetime and lifeblood.
 Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately after each post the subscription option jumps back to "Do not subscribe".
It would only be possible to also the "watched" (or "heard") state for the music library, if the music would be saved by a unique id system such as imdb id for movies and tvdb id + season/episode number for tv series.
(2018-10-21, 13:55)HeresJohnny Wrote: Do you think it would be possible to show progress in the background even when an update is manually invoked? Maybe as a user configurable setting? Thanks in advance!
I do not think this is possible for the current implementation, since so far I remember it, the default progress bar was always in the foreground and in the notifications there was not enough room to show much additional progress information such as "items left". If someone wants to give this a try I would be happy to merge this via github.
(2019-01-20, 20:07)schapplm Wrote: It would only be possible to also the "watched" (or "heard") state for the music library, if the music would be saved by a unique id system such as imdb id for movies and tvdb id + season/episode number for tv series.

Sorry, I led you down a wrong path. I wasn't even thinking of the "played" state for music, I was rather thinking of ratings, i.e. myrating. That is the one marker worth syncing, IMHO. The playcount for songs and albums might be interesting as well, as several things like "Top 100" etc. are generated from that value.
(2019-01-20, 20:10)schapplm Wrote: I do not think this is possible for the current implementation, since so far I remember it, the default progress bar was always in the foreground and in the notifications there was not enough room to show much additional progress information such as "items left". If someone wants to give this a try I would be happy to merge this via github.

Several add-ons use this kind of background progress and yes, they overwrite any item in the upper right corner. The following add-ons come to mind: Artwork beef, Light IMDB ratings update, TheAudioDBSync. Maybe it's possible to "borrow" some code there? :-)
(2019-01-20, 20:03)schapplm Wrote: Running the update at a specific time is not possible at the moment.
Running it via Cron would require the possibility to run this Kodi addon directly from the shell, which could be possibly by the tools from kodi-eventclients-kodi-send (command kodi-send).
I added this to the github issue tracker, but probably I will not find time to implement this via the addon settings.

@schapplm, Thanks for the reply!
Maybe you can get inspired by the source code of Library Auto Update, which uses this cron mechanism already.

Anyone have any suggestions as to a good way to also backup the watched-status of files that are not on IMDB, like family films, etc..?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3