• 24(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
@schapplm

None of the scrapers are working with a single common ID. Unfortunately that won't change as our xml scrapers are on the verge of being unmaintained. No new features, only disaster fixes.

While it is quite a simple matter to figure out which ID's each scraper is using as default, and I guess you have already done this, what makes the situation worse are the media managers creating non-compliant nfo files with incorrect id's. I am sure you have seen the "unknown" id type floating around.

Personally I don't think there is a simple fix, especially if you are trying to preserve information through re-scrapes with different scrapers and different media managers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the clarification. Then I would go for the following change in the database structure of my addon:
  1. create a new table, e.g. `tvshows_scrapers` with fields `id` (primary key), `tvshow_id` (referring to tvshows.idShow), `scraper_id` (referring to the value of uniqueid.xxxx, e.g. "10283", "110381"), `scraper_type` (referring to the fieldname of uniqueid.xxxx; e.g. "tmdb", "tvdb", "imdb", "unknown")
  2. Change addon class method sync_tvshows to get all uniqueid values for all tvshows and put them in the new table from above.
  3. The existing table `tvshows` now has an "idShow" which is just a primary key without reference to a scraper ID. The existing IDs do not have to be changed.
  4. The handling of watched episodes, e.g. in method get_episode_status, _wl_update_media has to be adapted for the new way of obtaining the tvshow ID.
  5. Upgrade mechanism for existing database files.
I think this should cover all cases, except when the TV show is rescraped and the new ID has no relation to the old ID (no two entries in "uniqueid").
Hopefully, most cases are rescraping which has a second ID making it possible to link the IDs (at least this is the case for my database). Metadata from external scrapers with "unknown" scraper type will continue to work.
@schapplm
There seems to be a problen with the Android permissions. The ArtworkBeef addon, the Kodi Backup addon and the Artist Slideshow addon on my Android tv box are all able to write to my internal memory.

Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2019-08-28, 00:53)MB1968 Wrote: There seems to be a problem with the Android permissions.
Then you should check the permissions with the Linux commands ls -al and whoami for the folders and files and try to fix the permissions using chown.
I suspect that the folders only have permission and no permission for your Kodi user. But this seems to be more an error of your system then a general error of the addon.
(2019-08-29, 08:01)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-08-28, 00:53)MB1968 Wrote: There seems to be a problem with the Android permissions.
Then you should check the permissions with the Linux commands ls -al and whoami for the folders and files and try to fix the permissions using chown.
I suspect that the folders only have permission and no permission for your Kodi user. But this seems to be more an error of your system then a general error of the addon.
Might be. I'm gonna leave it, as it is. I'm not gonna mess with the Android permissions on my box. Thanks for your help anyway. You learned me how to use a terminal app Wink
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

I've recently switched to using WatchedList after experiencing issues with Trakt (when the site timed it out it caused my HTPCs to hang).

Everything seems to be working how I want across multiple clients but it doesn't seem to run on resume from suspend (only after a fresh reboot).

Is it possible to make sure it updates upon resume from suspend as I rarely reboot my HTPCs?
(2019-09-14, 16:42)TCCalvin Wrote: Is it possible to make sure it updates upon resume from suspend as I rarely reboot my HTPCs?
Did you try setting up the periodic update of the addon? If you only set it to autostart, the addon.xml configuration will use start="login" which will not trigger any action upon wakeup.
If you e.g. set the update to happen every 24h and then wake up from sleep, this is supposed to be recognized after one second using the kodi function monitor.waitForAbort(1).
I am not sure if waking up from sleep should be considered separately or if it is sufficient to just set the periodic update often enough.
(2019-09-14, 20:05)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-09-14, 16:42)TCCalvin Wrote: Is it possible to make sure it updates upon resume from suspend as I rarely reboot my HTPCs?
Did you try setting up the periodic update of the addon? If you only set it to autostart, the addon.xml configuration will use start="login" which will not trigger any action upon wakeup.
If you e.g. set the update to happen every 24h and then wake up from sleep, this is supposed to be recognized after one second using the kodi function monitor.waitForAbort(1).
I am not sure if waking up from sleep should be considered separately or if it is sufficient to just set the periodic update often enough. 

Thanks for the tip and for the great addon - I'll give this a shot and let you know.
(2019-09-14, 20:05)schapplm Wrote:

I've set periodic and 24h on all of my machines and this still doesn't update upon resume from a suspend.  Sad

I used Trakt previously and this had an option to "sync on library update or cleaning".  Is there anyway to tie in with this?  (so each time your library updates, WatchedList syncs the watched data too).

Aside from that this is perfect as I wanted to move away from Trakt so that everything happened llocally rather than synching with a website.
(2019-09-15, 10:14)TCCalvin Wrote: Is there anyway to tie in with this?  (so each time your library updates, WatchedList syncs the watched data too).
It should be possible to trigger the update on these events. I put this on the TODO-list on github, but honestly can not say when I will have time for this.
(2019-09-17, 08:06)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 10:14)TCCalvin Wrote: Is there anyway to tie in with this?  (so each time your library updates, WatchedList syncs the watched data too).
It should be possible to trigger the update on these events. I put this on the TODO-list on github, but honestly can not say when I will have time for this. 
Cheers, it's working well at the moment.  Looking forward to the update addition.
Is there anyway to add a feature to this Addon to exclude certain shows or movies?
What's the best way to implement this so that my watched statuses will update over the internet? I take my laptop with me for travel often so I'd like what I watched to be reflected on my Kodi at home when I return. Does the dropbox integration still work? When I select it it says "Dropbox API error"
(2019-10-28, 06:27)JoshDi Wrote: Is there anyway to add a feature to this Addon to exclude certain shows or movies?
I do not know, why this would be needed, but it is of course possible to add featues. Just download (or fork) the code from github and modify it. If the changes are stable and usable, we can also add them to the public master version in the Kodi Addon Repository.
(2019-10-28, 22:26)ntilikp Wrote: What's the best way to implement this so that my watched statuses will update over the internet? I take my laptop with me for travel often so I'd like what I watched to be reflected on my Kodi at home when I return. Does the dropbox integration still work? When I select it it says "Dropbox API error"
To my knowledge this should still work. Can you enable debug logging and upload a debug log?
(2019-10-31, 12:21)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 06:27)JoshDi Wrote: Is there anyway to add a feature to this Addon to exclude certain shows or movies?
I do not know, why this would be needed, but it is of course possible to add featues. Just download (or fork) the code from github and modify it. If the changes are stable and usable, we can also add them to the public master version in the Kodi Addon Repository.
(2019-10-28, 22:26)ntilikp Wrote: What's the best way to implement this so that my watched statuses will update over the internet? I take my laptop with me for travel often so I'd like what I watched to be reflected on my Kodi at home when I return. Does the dropbox integration still work? When I select it it says "Dropbox API error"
To my knowledge this should still work. Can you enable debug logging and upload a debug log?
My wife enjoys watching friends, but doesn't want to mark them as unwatched to see all episodes
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3