No Subject
can you please point to some posts/threads that you feel are inappropriate so that we can see where we missed proper forum moderation? Thanks.

It's also sad to hear that the community made you consider abandoning XBMC. I'll give you some time to settle your feelings and if you still want your account to be deleted, we'll do so.
From what I read, mrvander has only himself to blame if he wants to leave. If this is how you want to act, then the community will not miss you.
ah, ok, just read your two threads - well, there is not only the community to blame IMHO, although I have to agree that the answers could have been a bit more friendly and descriptive (but they actually did answer the question).

I'd say, give the community another try - everybody has a bad day.
@da-and and Ned Scott - I hope you dont mind me adding - the conversation did get a little heated and ott - I did however attempt to be polite (all be it in the end) and wished him good luck - I must add that some of the more offensive bits of his posts were edited out (thin skinned/mad posts etc etc) so is not necessarily the (only) offended party in this instance.
I'll put it down to my bad judgement in future
Many thanks for listening
Leepenny
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
nice - I rest my case
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Can someone delete this keyboard warriors account before he has a heart attack and we end up with a dead unsatisfied customer.
Here's what I saw in the most recent thread. People were attempting to help, but each time someone posted with info, mrvander responded in a frustrated manner. While the messages do say things like "thanks for trying", it comes off as two-faced and rude. This builds until finally others snap back, and things really fall apart.

This happens, people get annoyed or have a bad day, and that's not what personally bothers myself. What bothers me is this thread, which is a continuation of over reactions.

If you really want to no longer be apart of the forums then you simply stop posting and coming here. From a technical standpoint there really is no "deleting" an account. We can make it so the account isn't usable, but why would we need to do that when the one requesting this already controls if the acount is used or not? Because this thread isn't about deleting the account, this thread is about mrvander wanting to tell everyone that he thinks other people have wronged him.

mrvander, you control how you respond. If you want to respond to people helping you, regardless of how helpful or not their comments are, you control what you say. If you respond with hostility then it is only natural that people will tend to respond back with hostility. Yes, those people are still responsible for how they react, but there is a reason that they responded like that.

This situation itself isn't even a big deal, but you want us to stop and take note that you feel wronged, while at the same time making it seem like you did nothing wrong. You want us to feel like we are somehow at a loss because you will stop using both the forums and XBMC itself. Ironically, your behavior is far closer to the definition of arrogance than what anyone else has done towards you.

You have two choices:

1, move on, try to have a tougher skin, and try to understand how your responces might come off as offensive. We're all human here. People were responding to your threads because they honestly wanted to help you, so why are you treating them as if they're attacking you (which is what leads to them eventually attacking you, because it's so rude).

2, stop posting. There's nothing more to say, we're not going to punish the people who responded to you, and no further action is needed if you don't want to be a part of this community.

You, and you alone, control this.
No matter what you do, your information will always be in our database. We're not going to remove your old posts. The only thing we are willing to do is make it so you can't log in.

I'm still willing to write this all off as just a bad day. How about just taking some time away from this discussion?
(2013-05-13, 00:14)Ned Scott Wrote: No matter what you do, your information will always be in our database. We're not going to remove your old posts. The only thing we are willing to do is make it so you can't log in.

I'm still willing to write this all off as just a bad day. How about just taking some time away from this discussion?

/sigh.

You're very obstinate in your tolerance and frankly I don't have the heart to keep this up in the face of such amnesty. I'll just change my email to a temporary address and delete what I can then. Thanks.
All previous versions of those posts are still in the database, and the forum database is backed up daily.

Maybe after you've chilled out, we can forget all this ugliness and help you with that issue with fan art that you were having. You're probably a reasonable guy, most of the time. Doesn't bother me either way, so keep doing your protest or not.
Dude. The last comment was a compliment to you. Read it again. It was the only one I didn't delete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Subject0