• 6(current)
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi
Lakka is not based on Kodi it is based on the linux part of OpenElec. It is missing basic support like access content from the network. Also configuration for sound cards and other hardware is difficult.
Hi! New here, i have big expectations about this.

I do not know about it, but i can imagine some possibilities... you say it allows to stream files and cache it... im imagining adding them to game library from gdrive addon strm files and playing by it.

that would be great. I´m gonna propose it to the other dev.

integrating addons is one of the best things in kodi, i appreciate the work of all the devs who make this dream possible.

Smile
This is a very interesting project. It has a lot of potential. Would love a RPI implementation.
We have an appropriate API over at IGDB.com which @zag has been checking out: https://www.igdb.com/api/v1/documentation

If any more of you want to test it out we'd be more than happy to send you an API key for this project.

PM me Smile
This project has interested me in a while but I've been having some trouble following and understanding what it's current state is. I get that it is deep in development and no where near a beta stage, but I feel like I'd have to read a lot to figure out what works and doesn't if I wanted to test it and help out. Is there someway to get a summarized list of what's done enough for a user to test out and give feed back vs what's just way off on the 'to do' list?
Hi, longtime XBMC/Kodi user here. I'm a big fan and thought that I'd give the latest branch of Retroplayer a try. I do understand that this is still very early stages but I think I encountered a bug. Everything works beautifully until I go to setup the default controller then things go crazy. I have posted my log here pastebin
from the log:

Code:
02:07:08 T:6684   ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: Failed to initialize directinput joystick: no buttons, hats or axes
02:07:08 T:6684   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
02:07:08 T:6684  NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralAddon::Register - new joystick device registered on addon->peripheral.joystick/0: Unified Virtual HID
02:07:08 T:4176  NOTICE: Thread ButtonKeyHandler start, auto delete: false
02:07:08 T:6684  NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralAddon::Register - new joystick device registered on addon->peripheral.joystick/1: Unified Virtual HID

this "Unified Virtual HID" may be confusing things. it looks like two devices are being detected as joysticks with no buttons, hats or axes.

Do you have controllers plugged in? any idea what this "Unified Virtual HID" device is?

Also, next time enable debug logging. Visit Settings → System → Debugging and enable debug logging. The log might have more details about the problem in it
About this "joystick with no buttons, hats or axes", I think it might be related to this kernel bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37982

Some wireless keyboards create crappy joystick devices in addition to the stuff it's supposed to have, which makes real gamepads/joysticks confused.
(2015-09-30, 10:18)garbear Wrote: this "Unified Virtual HID" may be confusing things. it looks like two devices are being detected as joysticks with no buttons, hats or axes.

Do you have controllers plugged in? any idea what this "Unified Virtual HID" device is?

Also, next time enable debug logging. Visit Settings → System → Debugging and enable debug logging. The log might have more details about the problem in it

Sorry about that. I didn't enable the crash log before this event and by the time I'm having this issue its to late to start one as Kodi becomes uncontrollable. I did create a crash log this time but when I open it, to copy it onto pastebin, it's unrecognizable. I used Notepad to open it by the way. Should I still post its content?
(2015-09-30, 18:47)ghallberg Wrote: About this "joystick with no buttons, hats or axes", I think it might be related to this kernel bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37982

Some wireless keyboards create crappy joystick devices in addition to the stuff it's supposed to have, which makes real gamepads/joysticks confused.

So, I don't have a second game controller or wireless keyboard. The only thing I can think of is that I have a wireless mouse. I unplugged the adapter before trying to set up the default control pad the last time though and still ran into the same issue

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2e6imk50mkpcs...e.png?dl=0
What if you disable that unified Virtual HID?
Ok, here is the crash log and something called a stackface
It's the debug log you'll want to post. See garbear's previous post. Smile
(2015-09-30, 21:05)Scourge Wrote: It's the debug log you'll want to post. See garbear's previous post. Smile

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a fool: where do I locate The debug logg? If I go to AppData/Roaming/Kodi I only find Kodi.log after enabling debug in Kodi's system of course. I can't seem to find where this is saved

Thanks
Ok, after doing some digging, this SHOULD be the debug log https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5zsk7q4zt674fz/kodi.log?dl=0
I hope that helps
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi8