Intel NUC MCE Remote with Internal IR
I attempted to install an internal IR on the Intel NUC and it was working fine but as soon as I closed the lid, the remote stopped working which means a direct sight for the internal IR is required. Sad to know. I was hoping the IR is strong enough to do the job hidden inside. I don't want to drill onto the nuc.

Reverting back to the PS3 bluetooth remote with the 1 minute timeout for hibernation. The resync takes about a second to bring it back up.
Have you tried Flirc?
Try FLIRC as suggested. It has excellent IR reception. You keep it at the rear of the cabinet and still it will work.
I never heard of it. Wondering if I should give it a shot. Is it really powerful?
I went ahead and placed the order. I'm hoping to put it behind the nuc and use the bose lifestyle v35 remote as an MCE remote to control xbmc. Currently I'm using the ps3 bluetooth with blumote and its perfect except the battery dies down very fast. in about a week.
I'm planning on buying this.
Install Flirc inside the box. When I tried the regular IR. Once I closed the box of the NUC. The IR was not capable of receiving commands. Can one of you please tell me the range of the IR. How strong is it. etc? Some IR's work even when under the couch and for some you have to point it directly towards the direction to make it work. How good is flirc.?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/internal-USB-hea...0774394592
^^ I have flirc and I can tell you the IR reception is excellent. I have tried it at the back of my PC and it works. Point your remote to the ceiling and it will work. In my testting it has an angle of reception of close to 90 degrees. You can adjust the sensitivity through a flash tool using command line. If you have a 3d tv that emits IR for 3D sync like Sony, then flirc won't function normally as the IR blast from the TV will confuse it. No problem with RF based or passive 3D TVs.
I have a Sony XBR65HX929. Lets see how it works with my setup. What is the flash tool command line. Can you point me to it?
The command line tool is installed with the FLIRC software. If you upgrade to new firmware then use the alpha GUI 1.0.0 Alpha. It is named 'command_util'. Rename it to 'command_util.exe'. Try . v1.0.2 is buggy.
I finally got flirc. I can't seem to make it work. I downloaded the final build of exe and it runs fine. When I do a learn it learns just fine but does not playback. Should I try the 1.0.2 instead?
If you run the alpha gui then you should install the alpha firmware also. Old firmware requires old software. Post your query in their forum also.
Flirc is really buggy. Sends out Ghost inputs. I've gone through so many remotes and getting tired of the device. Totally a flawed product.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC MCE Remote with Internal IR0