TRAKT: Any help greatly appreciated: Error script failed! script.trakt
Question 
Hi all,

I finally have my XBMC running pretty sweet thanks to excellent advice threads on this forum, the only error I get now is one with my Trakt plug in.

Every time I boot up my XBMC I get this error message appear on screen:

Error script failed! script.trakt

I have searched and seen similar threads but I can't seem to find one with the exact same issue so I thought I would ask here

I have never done a debug log before so I hope I have done this correctly (fingers crossed)

http://pastebin.com/YGkXNfMJ

Im using XBMC Frodo 12.2, Windows 7 and Aeon Nox skin

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve (CD)
Uninstall the addon and shutdown XBMC
Go into your XBMC\Addons and delete any trakt reference
Go into your XBMC\Addons\programs and delete any trakt reference
Go into your XBMC\userdata\addon_data and delete any trakt reference

Start XBMC and install Trakt from Repo (2.X.X) and to avoid the error dont use rating after watch. I found that disabling it helped

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will try it now.

I'm sorry for asking such a basic question but what is the complete path to get me to these folders on Windows 7?

Thanks again
C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I tried all of the steps listed above but I still get the error.

I found 2 of the 3 folders you mention but the only thing was I couldn't locate the XBMC\Addons\programs folder, windows said not found.

Any suggestions?
Sorry i meant XBMC\Addons\packages

I have now tried everything a couple of times and I am still experiencing the same error.

Do I need to restart my pc at anytime during deleting and reinstalling anything?

Could you offer any further advice?

Many thanks
When does the script error happen? from your old log, it seems to be when it tries the sync.Do you have sync after update enabled?

The error only occurs when I initially open up XBMC, just after the Aeon Nox logo disappears. A small black box pops up with the error in it.

I've tried it with sync after update enabled and disabled, still the same problem
can you post a new log? I had this issue in the past and i found that the problem was bad updates of the addon left residue in the folders i mentioned. You could also try reverting to the default skin and close and open XBMC to see if the error happens

looking at the debug log, I have the same error
Quote:01:43:14 T:5080 ERROR: EXCEPTION: access_voilation
01:43:14 T:5080 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: access_voilation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\default.py", line 13, in <module>
traktService().run()
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 69, in run
self.Monitor = traktMonitor(action = self._dispatchQueue)
RuntimeError: access_voilation
-->End of Python script error report<--

have already tried deleting all data for it and a clean install
same problem with latest version from git.

also it's repeatedly attempting to add movies to my collection that have already been added at least 3 days ago
Do a clean of the current trakt...see my post on page 1...and then try this version

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139839

(2013-05-17, 05:25)saitoh183 Wrote: Do a clean of the current trakt...see my post on page 1...and then try this version

that's not a solution.. especially when the links are dead.
(2013-05-17, 06:57)john.doe Wrote:
(2013-05-17, 05:25)saitoh183 Wrote: Do a clean of the current trakt...see my post on page 1...and then try this version

that's not a solution.. especially when the links are dead.

oh..didnt noticed the links are dead..I still have the 1.03 version on 1 of my XBMC's and it works perfectly. I also have 2.0.3 on another machine and it works without a hitch either.

Its not a lower version of 2.0.3 its another non official version.
Here is mine from my HTPC. just drop the folder in your addon folder. Make sure you remove all trakt stuff before to avoid conflicts.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1515....traktr.7z

I was having the same problem only with Psuedo TV and was looking for some help and found this thread, something you wrote really stuck out while reading though, you mentioned that you used Aeon Nox and I'd just recently changed my skin to Aeon Nox too, I switched back to the basic Confluence skin and now everything is working fine with Pseudo TV, so maybe just try changing your skin and hopefully it will work for you too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TRAKT: Any help greatly appreciated: Error script failed! script.trakt0