• 10(current)
New box: G-box midnight mx2
Hi I bought a Gbox MX2 based on the reviews here but I tried to install Ice Movies, 1ChannelTV and Mashup and none of these were on my box - am I missing something or is there a way to install and activate these?

Hi I bought a Gbox MX2 based on the reviews here but I tried to install Ice Movies, 1ChannelTV and Mashup and none of these were on my box - am I missing something or is there a way to install and activate these?

Thanks!!
(2014-05-28, 20:37)gbox-cdev Wrote: Hi I bought a Gbox MX2 based on the reviews here but I tried to install Ice Movies, 1ChannelTV and Mashup and none of these were on my box - am I missing something or is there a way to install and activate these?

Thanks!!

You won't get help for that stuff here. We don't support piracy.
Hi, first time poster. I recently got the MX2 but my old RC11 air mouse won't work with it. Any ideas on how to get it working? I'm only about 2 metres from the box. It worked fine with my old MK808B.
Why are people still buying a almost 2 yr old box? Get a fire TV so much nicer and less trouble prone
(2014-09-24, 08:41)ilovemymac Wrote: Why are people still buying a almost 2 yr old box? Get a fire TV so much nicer and less trouble prone

Because they want to. Plus u can't really customize the fire tv.
(2014-09-24, 08:41)ilovemymac Wrote: Why are people still buying a almost 2 yr old box? Get a fire TV so much nicer and less trouble prone
I actually just purchased a fire tv too. To take the place of my roku. It's quick but u can't really do anything with it unless u install xbmc on it. Then u risk the warranty and the 100$. That is the reason people buy the mx2 for the android part and the full multimedia experience.
Well then don't buy an mx2 buy something with power. Why would you buy a junk box to begin with rather then say a minix x7 quad core or one of the new amlogic boxes that are octocore.

Of course you install XBMC on it and who said you mess with the warranty? There is nothing that says that. AMAzon fully allows you to install 3rd party apps freely and they have the spmc version in the App Store. Just not for the fire TV but for the kindle fires.

I want to watch tv not have a computer on my tv. I have a laptop for real computing. I love the fire TV all the apps work with the remote I don't have to have an airmouse or something to use Netflix or other apps.

I just don't get why you'd want a box made by a junk company that now is old I mean in 2014 we are still buying dual core boxes.
They are obsolete and the mx2 was never a good box to begin with. Junk company and a host of problems on the unit

(2013-12-31, 15:51)dardack Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 05:45)wizin Wrote: Hello Gents, pretty much a noob

Currently using Roku 2 with Plex and hate the loading please wait... on some vids so was checking out XBMC
I have it installed on PC but I prefer it with traditional remote and don't really enjoy Android app etc as a substitute

Now, was browsing thrpugh different hardware for XBMC, so would like your advice

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CH643A8/ref=a...opbotca-20

OR

http://dynamic.focalprice.com/EH0160B/MX...rrency=CAD

or

http://products.ncix.com/detail/pivos-xi...5-1051.htm

OR None of the above

Can you kindly recommend, prefer out of the box solution - mainly for my content and netflix

Only amazon link worked for me. If you want netflix you either have to go android or windows solution for an HTPC. If you want it on Android, you will need a wireless trackpad of some sort. I use a mini keyboard/trackpad thingy $15 off ebay. Since they have not made a remote friendly netflix app yet. It's been getting better each past release but still you will need the trackpad.

So if you want Android, the MX2 or any of the clones is a good option IMO. If you read this thread and other places, some people have issues with buffering and playing certain content. I have no issues with my content except 1 out of every 5 tv shows one time during that 1, there will be a 2 second freeze on video, audio still plays then it catches up and plays fine. It hasn't happened on any movie yet. Not sure if encoding differences for TV vs Movies.

Also, as of right now, XBMC will not do 1080p on the mx2 devices. Limitation on the chip set or xbmc or something. Matricom supposedly has a 1080p working version but hasn't released it yet. So android will be in 1080p but xbmc will be in 720p.

Some issues that don't affect me, VOB files don't play smoothly in XBMC, they do in external players. But matricom will not release their source code as of yet (davilla has been informed) and only their special version works on 1.1.6 current firmware. So we can't bug fix in the 12.2 xbmc external player issue that code has been released to fix or even compile 12.3 for it, which I believe fixes it, since they are using somethign special for 1.1.6.

So you have to ask yourself, do you want the hassle of potentially not everything working or just get a cheap Acer Intel little box. My dad just got one like $200. OpenElec, no netflix or you can put Windows on and do the netflix thing. The only thing it doesn't have is built in bluetooth and can't play back 3d videos. Everything else is smooth.

So myself, I have the mx2, he has 1 mx2 downstairs and one of the cheap acer boxes upstairs. He likes the acer better. And he doesn't need netflix upstairs cause his TV is a smart one.

Actually this is where the fire TV is great. It works great with the included remote no extra mouse needed for it. All the TV apps just work.
The fire TV is the fastest box I have used. And I like I can enjoy AMAzon prime stuff as well. I have apps on here that work that crash the minix x8h that a friend has
I didn't think it was possible to just download xbmc and the android version that is on the mx2. then install it onto the fire tv. I was under the impression that it sort of had to be jail broken or whatever. Because there is a way to get xbmc onto the fire tv but it's not as simple as just downloading it. But i already have more streaming devices then I have places to put them so I would just keep the fire tv, firetv. I try to mod every device I get. With the fire tv It's nice to just have something that works how its supposed to. I also like the idea of google play being on the xbmc. I guess it's a preference between what u can afford and how much work u would want to do and how much time u want to invest. I honestly like the mx2 over the fire box.
Does anyone know how to center the picture on the g box midnight? I just got it a week ago & my movies are all off center so u can see most of the picture but not all of it. I can't figure out how to fix it, I've tried messing with my settings. Does anyone know? Sorry if I am on the wrong forum.

Thanks
Have you tried the Matricom forums? Probably better support there. I have one of these but I've got Openelec on it.
My first G Box went into a boot loop after about 3 weeks. Matricom gave me direction on resetting with a toothpick and it worked for anothe 2 weeks and went back into a boot loop. I reset again twice more until the box wouldn't reset anymore. I sent it back and Matricom sent me a replacement. The second unit lasted about 3 weeks until the picture began to distort. Matricom explained it was a known fault and directed me to an upgrade which worked for a couple of days and the problem returneed. Matricom sent me box number 3 which worked for 3 weeks and crapped out.
A buddy turned me on to an MX Box he was useing without any problems. It was more expensive but I could tell the difference in quality as soon as I took it out of the packaging.
The moral is not all MX Boxes are the same quality and you get what you pay for.
Hi

I received a new android mx tv box for Christmas and it worked fine but the picture was to big so i went into settings and changed the HDMI display settings from automatic to a setting in the drop down list (bad idea yes) then it went black and the tv says mode not recognised. I now know i should have made the size changes in a different place but is there away to get the auto settings back as i cant see the screen i cant do it on the tv.
i have tried to reset box also turn it off no joy.

I have now managed to get the android side of things working via the av cable so i did a factory reset but i still cant activate the auto detection for HDMI and if i plug a HDMI cable in i still get the same error. any ideas people.

thank you for any help.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box: G-box midnight mx22