• 20(current)
WIP Developer Area
It's not possible to compile Ember in x64. I'm still waiting for a working x64 version of VLC Player.
The rational for a 64-bit software would be to let a process have access to more than 2GB RAM (which is the limit of a 32-bit process).
If VLC is doing so well as a 32-bit app, I believe that EmberMM could cope with this "limitation" as well.

Personally, I'd drop the x64 configuration from the .sln file as currently it does more harm than good.
(*) If and when it will be relevant (e.g. VLC do support x64), the configuration can be re-created with a flick of a button.

My $00.02.
(2015-04-07, 21:04)AviBueno Wrote: The rational for a 64-bit software would be to let a process have access to more than 2GB RAM (which is the limit of a 32-bit process).
If VLC is doing so well as a 32-bit app, I believe that EmberMM could cope with this "limitation" as well.

Personally, I'd drop the x64 configuration from the .sln file as currently it does more harm than good.
(*) If and when it will be relevant (e.g. VLC do support x64), the configuration can be re-created with a flick of a button.

My $00.02.

It is not necessary to remove the x64 configuration. You can switch to the x86 configuration or unload the addon generic.EmberCore.VLC if you want compile the x64 version:

Media List Editor step 2 Big Grin

(2015-04-09, 19:29)DanCooper Wrote: Media List Editor step 2 Big Grin

This is really cool! Cool
So basically you can create your own views and display them as new tabs in mainview? Then I finally can create a permanet tab for all those movies that have unrecognized codecs - really helpful! Nod
Oh another idea: "movielist" itself is a view in Ember I guess. It contains the most basic information for a movie like genre, studio and such in a single view. Last time I checked the audio and video metadata weren't part of that view - any chance to include them so I don't need to write up such a long SQL query like I did before:
Code:
SELECT DISTINCT movielist.* FROM MoviesVStreams INNER JOIN movielist ON (MoviesVStreams.MovieID  = movielist.idMovie) WHERE MoviesVStreams.Video_Height = '720';

I thought something like this would be easier:
Code:
SELECT * FROM movielist WHERE Video_Height = '720';
(2015-04-09, 22:06)Cocotus Wrote: Oh another idea: "movielist" itself is a view in Ember I guess. It contains the most basic information for a movie like genre, studio and such in a single view. Last time I checked the audio and video metadata weren't part of that view - any chance to include them so I don't need to write up such a long SQL query like I did before:
Code:
SELECT DISTINCT movielist.* FROM MoviesVStreams INNER JOIN movielist ON (MoviesVStreams.MovieID  = movielist.idMovie) WHERE MoviesVStreams.Video_Height = '720';

I thought something like this would be easier:
Code:
SELECT * FROM movielist WHERE Video_Height = '720';

I've not checked the SQL of the tabl ebut Video_Height is NOT part of movielist but of MovieVStreams.... so your query will not work. you need to recover the field via the join
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Team,
I tried to join my changes with the await/async but there are quite a number of conflits... so I cannot do the merge but Dan has to do it (sorry for that).

Do you think we can now do the merge? I'm worried if we continue to add functionalities the merge will become impossible and all the work on await/async will have to be redone.

If we decide not to merge the await/async (bhooooo Smile) there is a lot of work to to on the events and dialog opening in the file download and a lot of other bottlenecks to fix... as well as to rewrite some of the scrapers using vb.net libraries instead of C#.
Even after they will have to be fixed but are much more easy... so I was keeping on hold waiting for the new version

Let me know how you'd like to proceed...
(2015-04-10, 20:15)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,
I tried to join my changes with the await/async but there are quite a number of conflits... so I cannot do the merge but Dan has to do it (sorry for that).

Do you think we can now do the merge? I'm worried if we continue to add functionalities the merge will become impossible and all the work on await/async will have to be redone.

If we decide not to merge the await/async (bhooooo Smile) there is a lot of work to to on the events and dialog opening in the file download and a lot of other bottlenecks to fix... as well as to rewrite some of the scrapers using vb.net libraries instead of C#.
Even after they will have to be fixed but are much more easy... so I was keeping on hold waiting for the new version

Let me know how you'd like to proceed...

I agree that I would like to see your changes into current BETA thoughI believe there WILL be problems after Dan merges this massive commit! I personally don't mind - right now we have a pretty stable BETA we can depend on and I think we can "freeze" the current state and share with public. Of course since Dan is the one who will do the merging job he has to decide. I think the last time he mentioned he wanted to fix at least few more major bugs before integrating your fix. Lets see! Rolleyes
I write to you tomorrow on further plans.
(2015-04-10, 20:37)Cocotus Wrote: thoughI believe there WILL be problems after Dan merges this massive commit!

Yes for sure! Its a major change in the code, it adds real multi thread done natively with .NET and removes a lot of the .Thread commands.
Also this will be the first step... once it works fine we can take full advantage of it moving to real parallel download of all images and art, file saving, and much more. (I have some really nice ideas here and did some tests on my dev environment Tongue)

Also it will introduce a real "cancel activity" that will stop all threads/actions immediately and in a clean way.

On the scraper side we will be able to use native libraries and not C# ones.

Finally we will be able to remove all those events/messages that create a mess and loopbacks in the dialog opening and status updates moving to a much cleaner structure...

Smile

so it will require a little bit of time and effort to get 100% working.
The code I submitted was working in the basic scenarios I tested but (for sure) is not 100% perfect Tongue but I think EMM will really benefit a lot from this
(2015-04-07, 21:04)AviBueno Wrote: The rational for a 64-bit software would be to let a process have access to more than 2GB RAM (which is the limit of a 32-bit process).

My $00.02.

Do not remove the X64, just compile the X86.

Once we move to a real, full parallel threading taking advantage of 64 bit could be good Smile
Even if I do not think I will download more than 2GB of images in one shot... who ever knows Smile
(2015-04-11, 09:32)m.savazzi Wrote:

My $00.02.

Do not remove the X64, just compile the X86.

Once we move to a real, full parallel threading taking advantage of 64 bit could be good Smile
Even if I do not think I will download more than 2GB of images in one shot... who ever knows Smile

Well there's now 4K Youtube trailer support in Ember, so there might be some use Laugh
You guys needed a WPF developer?
Welcome onboard Smile new hands, ideas are always welcome Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developer Area6