Aggregate media from multiple sources and present them in unified library view
(2014-02-06, 09:44)rterblanche Wrote: Any news on the GSOC work around UPnP. Did that ever happen
Regarding the separate UPnP / DLNA discussion see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162225 instead
(2014-02-06, 08:43)Montellese Wrote: As part of GSoC 2013 only partly but I've picked up the work that has been done by pieh and I'm still working on it.

Great! Is there something we can do to help? Test something? I'm using upnp over VPN (with BubbleUPnP tethering) to share a single library with multiple Raspberry Pi clients, but can't access the UPnP library easily from the home screen. This would be a great improvement to the usability!
I'm working on the GUI integration right now but I don't have much time so it's going very slowly. Video library import from XBMC to XBMC through UPnP works pretty good. I haven't really tested with other UPnP servers because they most likely won't provide the same media types.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great, thanks. Can I give it a go and build XBMC based on your upnp_import_async branch (https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/tree/...port_async), or is that unlikely to work?
Sure you can give it a try. But it only works with XBMC versions of that branch so you can't install a build from that branch and try to import stuff from a Frodo or Gotham nightly/monthly build.

Like I said the GUI integration is very basic right now. There's some management functionality in System -> Settings -> Media sources but not everything is hooked up.

The branch is also not up-to-date with current master so there may be some database version conflicts which will cause problems with updating. So best start with separate and clean installs to give this a try.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sorry to resurrect this 2-year-old thread. I'm trying to find a way to add the same movie/tv show episode to Kodi library but include multiple possible sources, so that, for instance, when I'm at home Kodi finds the file on my NAS on my home network, but when I'm out of the house and it can't find the file on the network, it automatically looks in the 'second' location, e.g. my portable USB HDD where I keep much of my library duplicated...?

Is this possible?
2 profiles where the mobile one uses path substitution from your nas path to the usb hdd path?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-03-05, 18:37)Memphiz Wrote: 2 profiles where the mobile one uses path substitution from your nas path to the usb hdd path?

Yeah that's what I figured too; I just wondered if there was another way.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aggregate media from multiple sources and present them in unified library view1