Win Copy Installation
I've been using XBMC for quite a while now.
Over the past weeks i've been centralizing all my movies,...

Now I was wondering, I have an installation of XBMC that i've configured exactly as I want.

Is there any way I could 'copy' this installation to all my other PC's?

-Cookz
I do that by using a portable build.

First make a portable build on your pc from your existing installation:
To do this:
Copy your xbmc folder (c:\program files\xbmc) to the root of c drive (or wherever, that's the location I use).
Go to the xbmc folder you've created (c/xbmc) and right click to make a shortcut to xbmc.exe.
Right click on the shortcut and choose 'properties'.
Now add ' -p' (yes there's a space there) after the target (target is "C:\XBMC\XBMC.exe -p" in my example).
Copy the shortcut to your desktop - you'll need to re-name it if there's already an xbmc shortcut there.
Open xbmc and userdata, plugins folder etc etc will all be created within c:\xbmc\portable_data.
Close xbmc down again.
Now go into the portable_data folder and delete the contents - you need to replace it with the data from your existing installation.
Go to Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/XBMC (assuming you're on W7), copy the contents of that folder and stick it in the 'portable_data' folder in your new portable build (c:\xbmc\portable_data).
Click on your new shortcut again, and you should find that everything is exactly the same as the build you started from.

You can now copy that c/xbmc folder, stick it on a new pc (or 10!) and everything will be identical to the original. I use the root of c because that way it goes in the same place on each machine and I can just copy the shortcut with it.
Alternatively you can install xbmc on each new machine and copy the C/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/XBMC folder across - which is quicker if you're only doing it once.

Edit: I've assumed windows 7 for the data folder location.
hi
so can I copy on the android box for pc or other box. Huh??

because I bought one box from viet tv 24 but to much money so I bought other box is the same just need install software in I try install it but don't have the same viet tv 24 , can you help me how to copy any files or folder from viet tv 24 to my new box please hope to hear you soon .
thanks so much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy Installation0