No Picture after HTPC Wake Up
I've been having this issue forever and it's starting to drive me up a wall. When I try and wake up my HTPC, I get no video to to the TV. I'm assuming it's some type of handshake issue, but I'm not sure where to start. The HTPC runs a GeForce GT 430 connected to my Denon Receiver. The video then passes through to my Panasonic Plasma. Keep in mind, I don't have any problems with my other devices.

Any thoughts on where to start?
A direct connect for starters would eliminate the Denon as an issue. I'm not quite clear on the 'wake up'. If you mean you let your O/S go to sleep (stuffing the disk cache with ram memory) and on wake there's no graphics... I would suspect that the graphic memory is not cached and perhaps the reason for no display (it also could get scrambled) but as you've noted it's probably a handshaking issue and somehow you have to re-send a video initialization. I'm wondering if your screen blanker might do this duty...? Does exiting XBMC and a restart change things?

Might have a look at message #10 on this thread.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158432
I'm having the same problem since upgrading to XBMC12. Before that everything worked well and it did not make a difference in which order i turned on the tv, my receiver and the htpc. Since i'm on XBMC12 (currently 12.2 from xbmc stable ppa) i often encounter the described problem and it seems to happen when i turn on the htpc first and afterwards the receiver and tv. When i turn on receiver and tv first, it works. I have no idea why this happens since XBMC12.
If you are using HDMI, then you have a few options: some are free, some costs some money.

1. Pretty much the guarantee one to work, is the most expensive. You purchase an HDMI Detective. This device maintains an HDMI signal constantly so that your display always sees it upon waking and your video card always sees a display connected when resuming.

2. Cheaper option is a small repeater that some have reported to fix their sleep/resume issues. Read the user reviews to verify.

3. Free is to review this post which mentions Denon AVR-specific issues.

4. Block pin #19 on your HDMI cable like so, which disables the hotplug pin on your HDMI cable. This prevents either device from thinking that something's been disconnected and disabling the connection.

If it's not a HDMI handshake issue and you are using Windows/XBMC, you can try XBMCLauncher to shutdown XBMC on entering sleep and restart it upon wake (with an added delay, if necessary). In additon, it can launch external apps (like a HDMI utility).
I use an Acer Revo as my HTPC connected by HDMI to a Panasonic plasma via a Yamaha home theatre amp. I don't shut down the Revo after use, I just put it into sleep mode. I have found that the only reliable way of switching from any other viewing activity - cable box, DVD player etc - is to wake up the Revo FIRST, then switch the amp.
I hade similar issue and the tape fix wasn't ideal. So instead i bought cheap HDMI adapter which i opened and cut the wire to the pin 19. Now i can switch the TV on/off etc without things messing up. Case on this model was not glued together or anything so it was rather easy mod to do. There's probably better options, since this kinda sticks out.

HDMI Male to Female 90-180 degree Rotatable convertor Adapter
(2016-01-07, 20:28)Teroan Wrote: I hade similar issue and the tape fix wasn't ideal. So instead i bought cheap HDMI adapter which i opened and cut the wire to the pin 19. Now i can switch the TV on/off etc without things messing up. Case on this model was not glued together or anything so it was rather easy mod to do. There's probably better options, since this kinda sticks out.

HDMI Male to Female 90-180 degree Rotatable convertor Adapter
This worked great for me.

http://monitordetectkiller.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Picture after HTPC Wake Up0