Req Auto play VIDEO_TS folder
Would it be possible to have XBMC autoplay any folder you click/select that contains a VIDEO_TS subfolder? For me, i don't really feel the need to click through to the VIDEO_TS folder and select the *.IFO (and it is rather difficult to explain my 3 y.o. daughter Smile)

Thanks so much to all the devs for this excellent piece of software!
use the xbmc library?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'll try that as a workaround but i have already sorted and categorized all my dvd's, would be nice if i wouldn't have to do it again Smile
Bring up the sidebar menu and select "stack"
In dutch it,s called 'groeperen'
I enabled stack but now, when i click on a folder that contains a VIDEO_TS subfolder, nothing happens or i get an error message that xbmc didn't manage to play some files.

I am using XBMC for Android, perhaps this problem is related to XBMC for Android (it's not really stable yet)
Very possible. I tried it myself just now on my desktop, but I'll have to try it on my pivos box later (will need to flash it back to Android, since it's currently on linux).
(2013-05-20, 17:11)GamesBond Wrote: Would it be possible to have XBMC autoplay any folder you click/select that contains a VIDEO_TS subfolder? For me, i don't really feel the need to click through to the VIDEO_TS folder and select the *.IFO (and it is rather difficult to explain my 3 y.o. daughter Smile)

Thanks so much to all the devs for this excellent piece of software!

Excellent idea, but I would settle for them to just play properly when not in Library, and not have to turn on Stack or Flatten.

On Windows version 11.0, it's pretty flakey.

Anyway, when you open a named folder and see a VIDEO_TS folder, try pressing Play.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
does anyone have a solution for this topic as i like to know this as well. I am currently sharing my pc blu ray drive using SMB so i can play discs on my nvidia shield

it works but i have to bring up the submenu and select play to start the dvd or blu-ray disc on the drives directory

thanks in advance
(2017-09-28, 16:14)pcwizard7 Wrote: does anyone have a solution for this topic as i like to know this as well. I am currently sharing my pc blu ray drive using SMB so i can play discs on my nvidia shield

it works but i have to bring up the submenu and select play to start the dvd or blu-ray disc on the drives directory

thanks in advance

I'm still using Kodi ... I have v16.x of the Windows version installed these days.

Have you tried pressing the actual PLAY button on remote (not Select or OK). That still works for me with VIDEO_TS Folders . Even if you are at ALIEN-2 level of ALIEN-2\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB it works for me. For those who don't know, it's simply the files from each of my DVDs, (which are now stored in a box in the closet).

If it doesn't work for you, it might be because you are using physical optical discs. At least you have a work-around.

Apple-TV4 allows native Plex, but they don't support playing of VIDEO_TS folders at all. I'm guessing not physical media either. Last I heard it was something about those formats being non-stream-able. Kodi (on Windows-10) is still my favorite media player for locally stored media files.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto play VIDEO_TS folder0