Cannot Import Export or set content
I have 2 Different machines running XBMC and am still trying to set up library sharing.
I deleted both XBMC setups today (uninstalled ad\remove programs inclusind the profiles.
I also deleted mysql5.6
I reloaded xbmc and still am unable to export librariess or populate them. I cannot set content in music but I can in Movies although when i leave the setup screen and reenter, it is back to default.
Can anyone offer assistance, guidance with this?
Thank you
Confluence Skin
Latest Frodo 12.2 downloaded an hour ago
start fresh with mysql 5.5. ver 5.6 doesnt play well with xbmc

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-05-20, 19:24)saitoh183 Wrote: start fresh with mysql 5.5. ver 5.6 doesnt play well with xbmc
I did a new reinstall and installed 5.5 - I still have the issue...
can you post your xbmc.log file.

(2013-05-20, 19:56)saitoh183 Wrote: can you post your xbmc.log file.

I think a 3rd Party Addon (XBMCHUB) is causing the problem. I am reinstalling from scratch now and will get back to this thread once I determine it to be or not the cause, thank you.
Well, that wasn't it.
I now have a totally fresh install. Library was there until I began to install addons \ repos. Once I did that my library tab and recently added movies and music dissappeared.
I can make a log while exporting\trying to update content.
Music has no option to update content and video does but returns to default after setting it as it did beforehand sans xbmchub - so it isn't that addon - it has got to be a bug...
Would this log file work (useful)?
When you say fresh install, did you delete your userdata folder and drop your xbmc DB from MySQL?

(2013-05-20, 19:56)saitoh183 Wrote: can you post your xbmc.log file.

Log File HERE

(2013-05-20, 22:00)saitoh183 Wrote: When you say fresh install, did you delete your userdata folder and drop your xbmc DB from MySQL?
Yes, I deleted the /appdata/ (XBMC/appdata) /folder and searched the machine for any files xbmc and eliminated them all.(both locations)
I then cleared the registry.
I also deleted mysql5.6 and reinstalled mysql5.5
Code:
16:01:32 T:5968   ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video75 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'192.168.1.102' (using password: YES))

thats your problem..did you give the account xbmc full permissions?

(2013-05-20, 22:31)saitoh183 Wrote:
Code:
16:01:32 T:5968   ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video75 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'192.168.1.102' (using password: YES))

thats your problem..did you give the account xbmc full permissions?
Yes (I did):
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
Per this Wiki
Remove the <name> tag from advancedsettings.xml as well
(2013-05-21, 01:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Remove the <name> tag from advancedsettings.xml as well
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.102</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>123456789</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>123456789</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
I saw something somewhere about name tags. Do you mean remove EVERYTHING in Bold?
yes...name tag is only useful if you need to have more then 1 of the same DB...for instance if you have 2 xbmc profiles with 2 separate BD

(2013-05-21, 03:40)saitoh183 Wrote: yes...name tag is only useful if you need to have more then 1 of the same DB...for instance if you have 2 xbmc profiles with 2 separate BD

I've deleted the name tags on both advancesetting.xml's- and rebooted. Still have the same problem. Hmmm.
Any other ideas?
I'm at a loss...

New log maybe?
Debug LOG LINK
If you start fresh:
Your MySQL is on the same machine as your data and XBMC?

- Installed MySQL 5.5.x
- Install MySQL Workbench (this will allow you to see your MySQL in a GUI rather then use the command line interface)

- in your advancedsettings.xml:
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>123456789</pass> ----> this is set in MySQL?
</videodatabase>

- In XBMC, set sources (as SMB path), choose your scraper. If movies are in a sub-folder under movies folder, select recursive scan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Import Export or set content0