Focus Stealing
I leave my HTPC running XBMC 24x7... the problem is something will occasionally pop up and steal focus when I am not looking. And then when someone turns on the TV they see the desktop with a minimized XBMC. Then I have to go and restore the XBMC window with the keyboard and mouse because I don't have a way to do it with the remote. I turned off all systray notifications which cut down on this behavior, but it still happens occasionally. As far as I know, there's no way for me to know what is stealing focus unless I witness it happen... and it may only happen once or twice a week.

I'm thinking an easy fix might be if there was a simple add-on that would check the window status and give focus back to XBMC every x minutes. Anything like that exist? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
FocusBitch (wiki)
Moved to Windows forum.
I wrote this little program for this feature. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798

It has additional features also. If you don't want these features then just edit the script.
Better solution is to try & find what's causing it, so maybe try something like WinFocusMon
No additional app needed. Just turn on debug logging and have a look into it when it happens again. You should see something like:
18:32:42 T:6240 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process [path to exe which is running]
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus Stealing0