• 7(current)
Bugs and Suggestions
still any chance of seeing artist logos and 1080p (in future)?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Artist logos no, 1080 maybe (in future).

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-07-19, 17:34)MDUK Wrote: Could you change the shortcut key for renaming custom home screen items? It's currently backspace, which on my remote is the back button. Normally I would hit the button a load of times and it would take me back to the home screen, but with this skin I have to be careful about how many times I press it.

By the way I know how to change the keyboard.xml to prevent this behavior for me, but if it's bothering me I doubt I'm the only one.

Great skin by the way!

Edit - perhaps a context menu entry?

+1 on this. I have 2 blank ones now because of this.

Still think we should have the option to info should pop up on playback of movie/TV like aeon nox.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-07-21, 16:16)voochi Wrote: Better to stick with Confluence as the default skin if you are targeting first time users. Bello is way too dark and most of the text does not have enough contrast against the backgrounds.
During a four months of Beta stage period and for a month now at XBMC official repo i never had any complains about that, but i am always open to suggestions. Can you post some visual or point me where this is happening ?.

Cheers
Nessus
Please explain step by step how this can happen. And how come you have two blanks ?. You can hide or show all the customs entry's from the skin settings.

Ok. I will see if i can add an option to show the info screen and not the seekbar screen when you pause a video.

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-07-22, 20:51)nessus Wrote: During a four months of Beta stage period and for a month now at XBMC official repo i never had any complains about that, but i am always open to suggestions. Can you post some visual or point me where this is happening ?.

Cheers
Nessus

The skin overall is too dark, the font is too thin, text like the plot for example is too grey and does not enough have contrast against the background.
(2013-07-23, 15:07)voochi Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 20:51)nessus Wrote: During a four months of Beta stage period and for a month now at XBMC official repo i never had any complains about that, but i am always open to suggestions. Can you post some visual or point me where this is happening ?.

Cheers
Nessus

The skin overall is too dark, the font is too thin, text like the plot for example is too grey and does not enough have contrast against the background.
Ok. i see what you mean and i'll give it a look. Is the small plot text problem applies to that view only or in all views ?.
By the way what's your display device ? Monitor screen or large display ?.

In any case thank you for the feedback

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-07-22, 21:43)nessus Wrote: Please explain step by step how this can happen. And how come you have two blanks ?. You can hide or show all the customs entry's from the skin settings.

That's what happened to me too. Lets say, you are deep in video/music library and want to get to home screen. I have remote button mapped to Home, but i constantly forgetting about it and press Back bunch of times. Taking into account RPi lag usually i press few times more than enough. In most skin it's no problem, you can press Back on home screen all you want, but in Bello if you are focused on custom item you find yourself in dialogkeyboard.xml with half deleted label Smile. Fortunatelly there's ESC on keyboard but it's stil kinda annoying.

In 1.20 skin settings "Show Video button" is a button, not radiobutton like "Show DVD button". It works but it's a little misleading. skinsettings.xml line 463.

upd. OK, if anyone want to get rid of custom items renaming with Back, open Includes_Home.xml in 720p folder and add <!-- at the beginning of line 32 and --> at the end of line 41. It should be like this:

Code:
<!--          <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(15)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite1.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(16)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite2.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(17)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite3.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(18)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite4.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(19)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite5.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(20)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite6.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(21)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite7.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(22)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite8.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(23)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite9.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(24)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite10.Label)</onback>-->
(2013-07-23, 18:47)nessus Wrote: Ok. i see what you mean and i'll give it a look. Is the small plot text problem applies to that view only or in all views ?.
By the way what's your display device ? Monitor screen or large display ?.

In any case thank you for the feedback

Cheers
Nessus

It applies to the skin in general and I can see it in many different views and screens. Unfortunately it is a side-effect of the overall skin design and ethos so not something that is easily fixed.

For example:
The left-side of the plot is not easily legible against the background. Can I read it? Technically, yes of course. But the clarity is clearly not ideal.

With UI design you need to be careful when placing text in front of a background. The choice of font, color, shadowing, contrast against background etc. are all critical to ensure clarity/legibility.
I am fully aware of the UI design guidelines and rules. In my personal use of the skin from a 3,5-4 meters distance in 100" projection screen and in 42" HDTV i don't have any problems to read the text's. But If you think that the skin is overall too dark for you then i can understand what you mean. Nevertheless the plot text should be a little bigger in some views. I Will keep that in mind for the next update.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

(2013-07-24, 11:58)relyter Wrote: That's what happened to me too. Lets say, you are deep in video/music library and want to get to home screen. I have remote button mapped to Home, but i constantly forgetting about it and press Back bunch of times. Taking into account RPi lag usually i press few times more than enough. In most skin it's no problem, you can press Back on home screen all you want, but in Bello if you are focused on custom item you find yourself in dialogkeyboard.xml with half deleted label Smile. Fortunatelly there's ESC on keyboard but it's stil kinda annoying.

In 1.20 skin settings "Show Video button" is a button, not radiobutton like "Show DVD button". It works but it's a little misleading. skinsettings.xml line 463.

upd. OK, if anyone want to get rid of custom items renaming with Back, open Includes_Home.xml in 720p folder and add <!-- at the beginning of line 32 and --> at the end of line 41. It should be like this:

Code:
<!--          <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(15)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite1.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(16)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite2.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(17)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite3.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(18)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite4.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(19)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite5.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(20)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite6.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(21)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite7.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(22)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite8.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(23)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite9.Label)</onback>
         <onback condition="Container(20).HasFocus(24)">Skin.SetString(CustomFavourite10.Label)</onback>-->
Thanks for the explanations relyter. So... if understand correctly the problem is in the RPi lag when you press the remote controls buttons... right ?. Sorry to all RPi users, but i wont remove a very useful function from the skin just because RPi has a lag when you press the remote buttons. But if someone finds it annoying he can remove it just like relyter suggested.

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-07-27, 03:23)nessus Wrote: Thanks for the explanations relyter. So... if understand correctly the problem is in the RPi lag when you press the remote controls buttons... right ?. Sorry to all RPi users, but i wont remove a very useful function from the skin just because RPi has a lag when you press the remote buttons. But if someone finds it annoying he can remove it just like relyter suggested.
I guess lag depends on hardware, library size and chosen viewtype. But since RPi CPU is really slow lag became easily noticed. Well anyway, imho Bello is a little too much for the RPi. Unfortunately, as well as Ace.
(2013-07-08, 16:18)nessus Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 15:45)jammyb Wrote: How do I add add-ons to favourites so I can add iplayer, YouTube etc to custom buttons to home menu?
- Press "C" to bring the context menu and select "Add to favorites".

Nessus, awesome skin, just what I have been looking for! However, I'm trying to add add-ons to Favourites as well. Where in the menus am I supposed to press "C"? I tried going into Favourites as it is right now and my screen is blank.

Also, is there a way to remove the temperature from the main menu? If not, is there at least a way to change it to Fahrenheit? Big Grin
(2013-08-01, 01:54)rainking430 Wrote: Where in the menus am I supposed to press "C"?
Open your list of add-ons; highlight the desired add-on and press "c" on keyboard; select "Add to Favourites"

Quote:If not, is there at least a way to change it to Fahrenheit? Big Grin
Settings > International. Change Region to U.S. (assuming that's where you are) and the temperature scale will change to Fahrenheit. While you're at it, be sure Language is "English (US)" so words such as "favourites" will be spelled "favorites". Wink

By the way, both of the above apply to XBMC in general; they're not unique to the Bello skin.
Thanks for the tips artrafael!

(2013-08-01, 02:10)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 01:54)rainking430 Wrote: Where in the menus am I supposed to press "C"?
Open your list of add-ons; highlight the desired add-on and press "c" on keyboard; select "Add to Favourites"

All I get in the context menu when I highlight the add-on is "Add-on Information" and "Configure". No "Add to Favourites". Weird.

Quote:
Quote:If not, is there at least a way to change it to Fahrenheit? Big Grin
Settings > International. Change Region to U.S. (assuming that's where you are) and the temperature scale will change to Fahrenheit. While you're at it, be sure Language is "English (US)" so words such as "favourites" will be spelled "favorites". Wink

Lol I guess I'm just a noob with that feature since I've never really cared about it before. My region was set up right but I hadn't configured my weather location. All good now.
(2013-08-01, 02:29)rainking430 Wrote: All I get in the context menu when I highlight the add-on is "Add-on Information" and "Configure". No "Add to Favourites". Weird.

OK, don't do it from Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons, etc. Instead, navigate to the add-on from the appropriate main menu option. For a video add-on, for example: Movies > Video Add-ons > highlight the desired add-on and press "c".
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions5