How to Utilize Existing MySQL DB with New XBMC Install
I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere but I tried to search for it and didn't have much luck. I am adding a new XMBC box to my network. I upgraded an existing Eden install which utilized MySQL for images and watched status to 12.2. I've seen the wiki if you're upgrading an existing XBMC install to 12.2 but what if you're doing a new installation? I added my movie and TV show paths but they are all showing up as "Unwatched" even though a majority of them have been watched from a different box. How do I get the new XBMC to sync to the existing MySQL DB?
Open your Eden version and then you have 2 choices :

- Export library to single file(if you dont want to keep nfo files in your media directory)
- open frodo version and do a import

- Export to individual directories(this will export to each movie/tvshow folder nfo files containing movie/show/episode information)
- open frodo and setup like it was a fresh setup...add sources an let it scan. It will use your nfo to populate library and will import your watched and resume status.

in both cases make sure your advancedsettings.xml contains he following:

Code:
<videolibrary>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    </videolibrary>

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
In case you already have a populated MySQL database, and just installed a clean xbmc:

Configure the MySQL connection settings and restart xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Utilize Existing MySQL DB with New XBMC Install0