Airplay not showing up on Macbook Pro with OSX
Airplay not showing up on Macbook Pro with OSX
I can see the Raspbmc from my Ipad and Iphone and from Itunes on my Macbook Pro. However it does not show up like a normal Airplay device in the settings and it is therefor not possible to use for Slideshows from Adobe Lightroom or presentations from OpenOffice.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Regards!
--------------------

Ram: 512
Installation media: SD - card 8GB (Sandisk Ultra 30 MB/s)
Connection: WiFi TP-Link TL-WN823N
Power Supply Type: 1) Micro USB ac375 Deltaco + 2) USB Hub RS-E2000
Power specs: 1) 5V 1A + 2) 5V 2A
Peripherals: Mac USB Keyboard + Logitech Bluetooth mouse + USB stick connected to the USB Hub (TargusPAUH212, No power backfeed to RPI)
Storage Device (incl. Network Sharing Protocol): USB Stick Kingston DTSE9 32 GB + Ubuntu SMB
RaspBMC version: raspbmc-rls-1.0-hardfp-b20130513-u20130513
XBMC version:12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e
Codecs: MPEG2 + VC1
Audio/Video Output:
Overclocked: Fast
Config.txt Extras: Linux 3.6.11 #2 PREEMPT wed Mar 13 17:12:47 UTC 2013 armv6l
As you speak of slide show and presentation from OSX I guess you mean airplay mirroring which is not supported by XBMC.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay
Ahh I see... sorry I didn't know that. That is a major problem for my usage as I was planning to use this for slideshow presentations.
It is a bit strange however for it works for that purpose from the Ipad even if I have to slide the photos manually instead of using the slideshow function.

Do you know if there are any plans to implement airplay mirroring?

Thank you for your reply!
Regards!
Airplay mirroring is encrypted and hasn't been reverse engineered.
As far as I know this is not a high priority and it seems that it is very difficult to figure out.
Perhaps some of the devs has a better answer, but there are many threads on this forum regarding this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay not showing up on Macbook Pro with OSX0