• 19(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
When upgrading to 3.13 stable, make sure you remove the old kernels:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge linux-headers-3.13.0-031300rc8-generic linux-image-3.13.0-031300rc8-generic linux-headers-3.13.0-031300rc8

rc8 just as example, same for rc7, rc6, ... they would have priority cause of the longer name.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, upgraded 1.13 final and removed rc6 Smile
Hi, just looking over the original post on 1st page..... As for the Linux I need.
Is the 'xbmc 2.13 Saucy' ?
+ 3.13 kernel...

Is there any other required updates?
Cheers.
Yes. Did you miss the mesa ppa? It also provide libva1 and corresponding vaapi drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
... Found it...
It will also run with default Saucy libva / kernel. But you miss two important fixes:

- default saturation and brightnes levels were wrong (was fixed after 1.2.2 vaapi)
- No 4K decoding support. That was added with 1.2.1
- Kernel could not do Limited Color Range without issues (was fixed with 3.13)
ok go these 2 so far
xbmc_13.0~git20140121.0500-790d20d-0saucy_all.deb
mesa_10.1~git201312221312.38322~ubuntu13.10.1.tar

I coudnt find the `saucy mini iso` like the 1st post, all i could find is the full desktop Ubuntu 13.10
Follow the howto. There is no single need to download any .tar files. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal.../MinimalCD <- 64 bit

Edit: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/s...t/mini.iso
what about pvr add ons?

After doing all in the first-thread,
an apt-get install xbmc-pvr-addons returns unable to locate packages...
Use one of those:
Quote:xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth - XBMC PVR Addon MythTv - Cmyth - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vuplus - XBMC PVR Addon Vuplus - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi - XBMC PVR Addon VDR Vnsi - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-njoy - XBMC PVR Addon Njoy - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-nextpvr - XBMC PVR Addon NextPvr - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver - XBMC PVR Addon Mediaportal Tvserver - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts - XBMC PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer - XBMC PVR Addon Dvbviewer - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-argustv - XBMC PVR Addon Argustv - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-demo - XBMC PVR Demo Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple - XBMC PVR Iptv Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
yes I tried also this but strangely returns the same thing...

sudo apt-get update;
sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-tvheadend:
unable to locate package

Fetched 27.6 MB in 42s (645 kB/s)
W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy-updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/it.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy-updates_universe_binary-amd64_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

this is the result of apt-get update... -_-
That's a network problem. Fix your sources.list and networking -> that's a general ubuntu problem and not related to this howto, btw.
OK... Had brief chance to look at it last night.... Went through the howto etc.. But I did skip 1 step... With the xbmc upstart I have to create a .Conf file in etc/init/xbmc.conf

Not sure how exactly I create the file in text mode. (as this has no desktop enviroment)..

Cheers.
Ps: sorry for being a bit inexperienced with Linux..
I think openelec is the better choice for you. It's easy and ready to use and won't cause you headaches. The nightlies have the very same features as this version here.

If you need more assistance join #xbmc-xvba on freenode and kindly ask if someone has time to help.

In general you can use nano to create files, e.g.
Code:
sudo nano /etc/init/xbmc.conf

Save the file with ctl o and ctl x

Don't use sudo for the last commands the howto wants:
Code:
mkdir -p ~/.xbmc
mkdir -p ~/.xbmc/userdata
nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

You can copy and paste text into the terminal via ssh. On windows use ctl c to copy the text and then just "rightlick" into the putty window to insert.

If that's not enough guidance, please consider OpenELEC.

Edit: Take care of the warnings in the howto and check the lines, don't introduce chars don't introduce new linebreaks.
OK cheers... I managed to sort out a lot of it anyhow... I've used openelec before....
What the eventual plan was is to get this set up and dual boot openelec (stable) & this I can swith back n forth if needs be then...

Cheers.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416