• 8(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
ls -larth /var/cache/apt/archives/ | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/5809221/
Does the following make it work again:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/libva-intel-vaapi-driver_1.1.0-4~pre2~quantal_all.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/i965-va-driver_1.1.0-4~pre2~quantal_i386.deb
sudo reboot

if not, also do the following
Code:
cd /var/apt/archives/
sudo dpkg -i --force-all vainfo_1.2.0.pre2-0~quantal_i386.deb libva1_1.2.0.pre2-0~quantal_i386.deb libva-x11-1_1.2.0.pre2-0~quantal_i386.deb libva-glx1_1.2.0.pre2-0~quantal_i386.deb libva-drm1_1.2.0.pre2-0~quantal_i386.deb

And if it works, pastebin another xbmc.log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
it's better now, but not perfect
http://paste.ubuntu.com/5809296/
Yeah - so, if it was perfect once - nothing else has changed :-)
ok, after disabling RealCinema on my LG TV, xbmc is able to switch to 50Hz but there are still missed frames with boblight-X11 running.
xbmc.log (boblight disabled and enabled) : http://paste.ubuntu.com/5810239/
i lowered priority and speed of boblight a little bit and in the combination with 50Hz the missed frames are almost completely gone
thanks for your help
but it's still strange, it was already running perfectly with the same settings
maybe the new intel implementation needs a little bit more CPU/GPU time (i switched back to stable 1.2)

edit: i was wrong, problem persists Sad

edit2: switching vertical sync from "let driver choose" to "allways on" made it much better
thank you very much. Works like a charm on DCCP847DYE
Core i3 3120M | 2GB Ram | 16GB SSD
fritsch - Thankyou for all your help and recommendations in this and the other thread. I ended up getting a Gigabyte Brix (model ending in 1037 - Celeron 1.8Ghz). As promised, I willl do a how-to. However, your instructions are so good I'll summarise what I did and refer to your instructions as appropriate.

I started with Ubuntu Server 13.04. Configured all of my services etc. and then got to the XBMC bit. As I wanted a barebones X, I installed the packages listed here. Then I continued with the instructions on the first post of this thread.

By default, Ubuntu won't create an xorg.conf for you. I copied the config listed here and placed it in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf. To test, I ran:

Code:
xinit xbmc-standalone

With all being well, I completed the setup as recommended in the first post of this thread and then created an init script as described here. On that link, groupadd as described doesnt work so I used "sudo usermod -a -G" with the same parameters. Also, if you want to restore your old media library or XBMC settings make sure you are running as the user in the init script or copy over your .xbmc to that user (and chown) when done.

Everything seems to be working really well.

fritsch - when new XBMC releases come out do we need to keep grabbing them from this PPA or can we utilise the standard builds?
join #xbmc-xvba on irc.freenode.net let's test it a bit.

thanks for the useradd correction.
About to head out..let me know what you want me to look at / test and I'll give it a try.

Using Aeon Nox 4.0 the GUI averages between 45 - 55 fps on 1080p@60. So far it plays everything I've thrown at it including a 20mbit 1080p file without fault.
Nice - I updated the howto in the beginning of this thread (reread it ;-))
Looks good!
Quick feedback: June build of the vaapi branch worked perfectly for me nice and stable, but august 16 update made it unusable: had random xbmc crashes when switching channels on livetv. recordings crashed too when seeking (with tvheadend as backend). Had to downgrade manually to make it work smoothly again. This is on i3 ivy bridge cpu
Can you please provide logfiles?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416