Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
I am experimenting with vaapi and deinterlacing since the first versions of the intel hd drivers. Today I tried vaapi-sse4 and it looks really good. It seems there is finally something working. Thanks for the great work and everyone contributing.

However, I have an (known) issue with hdmi audio and my pioneer avr. HDMI audio did not work for graphic modes 1920x1080@50p and 1920x1080@60p. All other modes were fine, but no one wants to look at 30p or less. This problem was solved by the intel developers last October and committed into the 3.13 kernel.

Before I switched to vaapi-sse4 I had a standard ubuntu 13.10 running with xbmc-unstable beta 1 and a 3.13 kernel. Everything worked fine, even with pulseaudio. That means: hdmi passthrough (ac3, dts, bitstream, ...) and stereo for GUI sounds, music, etc.

With the installation described in post #1 I get hdmi passthrough for all multichannel formats but simple stereo does not work. There is a workaround by setting a fixed sampling rate of 192kHz. Then I have audio everywhere but no passthrough, only resampled pcm.

Edit: When switching to TV channel with stereo audio, GUI sounds are working. No clue why...

So my question is whether one the changes made by the intel developers are overwritten by any of the packages of the ppa used in this tutorial?

Messages In This Thread
RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - by Flachzange - 2014-03-08, 13:12
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416