Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2014-05-01, 14:33)fritsch Wrote: That processor is fast enough, we did some internal tests with a gigabyte brix 2955U, which managend 1080i50 LiveTV without any issue. Please make sure, that you don't force Lanczos3 Optimized for that 1080i resolution (see settings from the first post), your logfile will show that anyways.

Edit: I tested most of this code with a Celeron 1007U, which has dual 1.5 ghz but old IVB architecture, so your 2955U is certainly enough.

I am not sure I follow, in your first post you mention;
"and set Deinterlace: Auto and Deinterlace Method to: Deinterlace (if it causes too much cpu load, choose Bob) - also set Scaling algorithm to Lanczos 3 optimized. Save for all files."

There you actually state you do have to set it to Lanczos 3 right?
How does the visual quality of 'half-deinterlace with Lanzcos 2' compare to 'de-interlace with lanzcos 3'? Is that very far apart? I dont really see a big diffence but you might have a more scientific answer to that Smile
I will come up with a log still, but I have to pair my laptop to a wifi sharing android phone at the moment since my internet has broken down. So i cannot easily ssh or samba into the Asus right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - by menno - 2014-05-01, 23:29
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416