Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2014-11-30, 21:39)tommy_99 Wrote: To bad FernetMenta that you are not going to fix this.

It has worked already in Gotham with VAAPI without any issue and now it looks like that is broken completely (see Fritsch's - Posting - at the moment removing black bars does not work with VAAPI but is also broken on Software when Yadif is enabled).

Im wondering only why you are going to drop an so good function. Does Intel has droped the support for Openelec, is this the reason?

(2014-11-30, 18:55)FernetMenta Wrote: crop black bars was never intended to work with vaapi. the actual issue is that the option is visible in video settings dialog. Apart from this the feature is unreliable, means it does not work with many material.
Probably I move this setting to advanced setting before entirely drop it in some future version.

The facts:

- this feature does not work reliable
- it was not implemented correctly
- it has never worked with vaapi in official repo
- it requires desktop power and only a very small number of entire xbmc/kodi users have such systems in use
- and a even smaller number own outdated plasmas which may require this feature

I am not going to spend time on something only 0.0x user may use. Further I seriously doubt that black bars burn-in is still an issue and if so this feature should be implemented in the tv sets that suffer from the issue.

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
RE: vaapi-sse4: Deinterlacing Testing - by FernetMenta - 2014-12-01, 21:28
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416