Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2015-05-11, 22:17)noggin Wrote: No - running MCDI VAAPI on a 2955u Chromebox with Freeview SD 576i and HD 1080i content, and Freesat HD 1080i stuff. No odd artefacts, even with the Freeview HD hybrid 25p/50i dynamic encoder switching.

Did some more testing, looks like the problem (for me) is with the auto deinterlace setting.

Not sure why, but if I had to guess it is confused as to whether deintrrlacing is needed or not and keeps turning it on and off and when it does it skips.

Surprisingly it is on very clearly progressive content that does not require deinterlacing.

If I set deinterlace to off it looks good.

It is on 1080 content. Not sure how to get stream details, so I don't know the frame rate, but if I had to guess its 1080p30 as I don't see any interlacing with deinterlacing set to "off"

EDIT:

Actually I take that back. It's 1080i content. It is interlaced, and looks much better with deinterlace forced ON than it does with it forced OFF, but either one looks better than "auto" which causes major skipping and jumping of the video content.

If I had to guess this is because the interlacing is slight and tough to pick up on, but I am not sure.

Again, this is from live TV content coming from the MythTV PVR plugin.

Is there any way to set groups so that it remembers settings for them all, or is it "remember for all channels" or nothing.

Would be nice if I could program it to use interlacing for all MythTV content, and turn it off for all other content, as nothing else should be interlaced.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by mattlach - 2015-05-12, 01:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416