Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
(2015-05-12, 08:21)fritsch Wrote: Provide a Debug Log and the very best would be a sample of this stream that shows the issue.

If you can replace the backend to VDR and use VNSI and retest.

fritsch,

Here is the kodi.log file and sample video stream requested.

Some details:

Hardware:
Asus Chromebox
Haswell Celeron 2955u dual core 1.4ghz, no HT
2GB ram, single channel

Ubuntu Linux 15.04 (Vivid) Server Edition (couldn't find a mini install iso for Vivid)

Software:
Latest Kodi from stable repo, installed per 15.04 instructions earlier in this thread. No window manager running. Kodi is a session.

Problem:
Visual artifacting during playback only with deinterlace set to "Auto", exhibited as skips or jumps. Artifacting goes away when played with deinterlace "on" or "off"

The stream was originally played using Janbar's MythTV plugin, but for the purpose of this test I manually extracted the mpeg file from the backend and dumped it into a library folder and played it from there, to minimize any plugin variables.

In this particular clip the worst instances are during ads (great opportunity for you to experience some stupid american car ads :p ), but this happens across many channels during normal playback, not just ads.

The log file consists of me booting the system, playing the file, followed by turning off debug logging.

Worth noting: During playback I noticed that the fps readout on the top of the screen (the one that appears when you enable debug logging) was fluctuating. Sometimes it was 59fps, sometimes 24fps. The video file claims to me 30fps, but I don't recall seeing this number at the top of the screen at all.

Appreciate the help!

--Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by mattlach - 2015-05-14, 02:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416