Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
Hehe, yeah it's hard to follow I must admit.

We got MCDI / MADI fixed for IVB and SNB. BYT is the same as IVB.
With the EGL rewrite it seems that some BYTs are now able to do lanczos 3 optimized upscaling.

The first post is nowhere near correct anymore and I should close this thread and start a new one - dedicated to this ongoing EGL work in special OE builds and on Ubuntu 15.04.

So in one sentence: Since EGL was done, VAAPI is much, much, more useful then it ever was and even on Baytrail we now have very good results. Still the 2957U or 2955U in the chromebox are much more capable than a Baytrail. Same goes for the new Braswell GPUs, which are far superior to the BYTs, but those are still WIP and might not be as stable as one wants them to be.

Does that clear it up?

Quote:Lanczos3
576i50 & 720p50 Upscale & 4k downscale skip a lot and not fluid (MADI / MCDI / VAAPI-BOB) - BoB + Lanczos3 does not skip until "o" is pressed.

the Deinterlacing method should only make a difference whenever you run interlaced! So in the above quoted test, it is only used in the 576i50 case. Make sure to have set Deinterlace = Auto, never to On.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
EDID / HDMI Handshake workaround - by Ney - 2014-10-29, 13:58
Thank you! - by Sta11ion - 2015-01-02, 01:51
RE: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04 - by fritsch - 2015-07-12, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416