Req Airplay mirroring
I want to use Raspberry Pi connected to big screens or video projectors to show powerpoint presentations from MS Office or OpenOffice and slideshows from Adobe Lightroom. If I understand this correctly that would need Airplay mirroring for that to work and that XBMC does not support that yet. For my company and others I guess this would be very useful and it might open a huge area for for new users of XBMC and Raspberry Pi and other mini computers.

I would like to add this as a feature suggestion for the developers.

Regards!
has been requested like 12 times now - please use the search next time. The issue with AirPlay mirroring is, that it's closed source, so requires reverse engineering which we won't/can't do. Once there is a 3rd party library we can use, we will implement it, but until then we have to wait. Miracast otoh might happen earlier (there was a Google Summer Of Code proposal).
Thank you for you reply... even if it was rather negative...
I am sorry if I misunderstood the purpose of the feature request thread but I thought it would be value for the developers to see what features are most wanted.
sure, but there already are feature request threads for this, so a simple +1 in a existing thread would have been sufficient Wink
(2013-05-26, 14:44)da-anda Wrote: has been requested like 12 times now - please use the search next time. The issue with AirPlay mirroring is, that it's closed source, so requires reverse engineering which we won't/can't do.

Surely can't is more appropriate considering Airplay itself was closed source and was reverse engineered successfully and I'm pretty sure there will be people working on this actively already.
URLs or it did not happen Smile
Just let them talk...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-06-15, 23:55)numanoids Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 14:44)da-anda Wrote: has been requested like 12 times now - please use the search next time. The issue with AirPlay mirroring is, that it's closed source, so requires reverse engineering which we won't/can't do.

Surely can't is more appropriate considering Airplay itself was closed source and was reverse engineered successfully and I'm pretty sure there will be people working on this actively already.

It's the encryption that's the real issue. Mirroring is similar to normal AirPlay video, if I understand correctly, but is very much encrypted.

AirTunes (music part of AirPlay) is also encrypted, but they encryption was broken when some guy very skillfully pulled chip data off of a hardware airport express unit. It took a long time for that to happen, too.

In any case, it's a different kind of specialty to do that kind of reverse engineering. This is like asking a foot doctor to operate on a hand. Both are talented, but it's a different speciality.
its not even close to video airplay - but nvm ;) - and it is pretty much reverse engineered already as of the looks. But its still encrypted and there are no open source libraries available to access the mirror stream (and we won't build one...).
So how do third party apps like AirServer fully support mirroring? Apparently some developers have already figured this out. Obviously they won't want to share their libraries, but it shows that it can be done and might provide another angle for reverse engineering. (edit: This is more for the other naysayers, Memphiz)
we don't do reverse engineering, and as long as there is no opensource lib for this, we can't implement it.
Just general info [no surprises]: http://nto.github.io/AirPlay.html#screenmirroring

Go ahead and reverse engineer the Reflector or AirServer Angel
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
We have already cracked the AirPlay mirror encryption algorithm, now AirPlay mirror can run on Linux/Android/Windows platfrom.
If you want see the demo video show or cooperation, contact us: [email protected]
(2013-07-04, 06:40)unicorn Wrote: We have already cracked the AirPlay mirror encryption algorithm, now AirPlay mirror can run on Linux/Android/Windows platfrom.
If you want see the demo video show or cooperation, contact us: [email protected]

If your code isn't open source then kindly GTFO.
demo video ... lol ... you commercial guys are awesome ... go on ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay mirroring1