Req Airplay mirroring
Please refer to this thread for beta testing Airplay Mirroring on Raspberry Pi or Android, etc.

Airplay Mirroring on Raspberry Pi

There are screenshots and videos to show how Airplay Mirroring works on Pi, it works amazingly well, very fast video/audio, thanks Pi's GPU.
(2013-07-15, 01:03)huisinro Wrote: Please refer to this thread for beta testing Airplay Mirroring on Raspberry Pi or Android, etc.

Airplay Mirroring on Raspberry Pi

There are screenshots and videos to show how Airplay Mirroring works on Pi, it works amazingly well, very fast video/audio, thanks Pi's GPU.

Closed source?
All you strange "Screenshot" or "Demovideo" Guys - please go home and stop Spamming an Open Source Forum with your commecial Shit!
Is there anything new to this topic? I would love to see this in XBMC.
+1
I'm on this as well. Also I have heard of something called rPlay. I don't know much about it, but as I understand it, it should be available to install on a Raspberry PI - However not as a part of XBMC, but us something you can start instead of XBMC - or something. Sorry, but not very familiar with Raspberry PI and all this.
Anyway maybe an rPlay add-on can be made? Again, sorry if it's a lame suggestion, cause I have no clue of what it takes to make all these cool things people are making for XBMC (including XBMC itself). So thanks to all for that nby the way ;-)
Please refer to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ay+airplay.

I think I have opened a working way to open source support of mirroring, hope people can help to work on it.
I have been trying to use the airplay via kodi on my xiaomi mibox mini but the pic does not appear on the screeen just audio. Just wonder how can I get the video running
unfortunately we don't support mirroring yet, you only can airplay videos, music and pic, but not mirror the device
(2015-07-15, 09:52)da-anda Wrote: unfortunately we don't support mirroring yet, you only can airplay videos, music and pic, but not mirror the device

There is video support? I can only stream audio and pictures. If I enable airplay on my iphone while watching a video it only transmits the audiostream. The video is still displayed on the iphone.

Edit: I just checked again. If I try to stream a video that was recorded with the iphone camera from within the photos app, it just crashes. If I try to stream a Youtube video from within the Youtube app nothing happens. Kodi still displays the Homescreen.
Is there a dedicated AirPlay Support thread where one can post bugs etc.? I tried to search for it but nothing really showed up.

However, AirServer works as proper replacement for the integrated AirPlay, but that only supports OSX and Windows.
Kodi on android is limited in the following:

1. when using ios devices > ios 7.0 it won't show video - only audio and pictures

2. Also the official ios youtube app is incompatible with kodi (and will stay incompatible because google did some proprietary stuff nobody is able to figure out) - you would need some third party youtube app. But even then - point 1. would kick in.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay mirroring1