Tv Adapters List empty
Hi Guys!

I'm new to Tvheadend.

Yesterday I installed a clean version of XBMCbuntu.
And now i want to test Tvheadend.
But it seems that there is a problem with my Digital Devices Cine S2 V5 Card.

I dont know what the problem is, so I hope you can help me.

I logged in under localhost:9981 -> configuration -> DVB Inputs -> TV Adapters and want so select my card. But the list is empty

Code:
dmesg | grep -i dvb
[   10.154329] ngene: Found Linux4Media cineS2 DVB-S2 Twin Tuner (v5)

Code:
lspci | grep -i multimedia
02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Micronas Semiconductor Holding AG nGene PCI-Express Multimedia Controller (rev 01)

any suggestions?

Thanks
Owel
you installed drivers?
Can you tell me how?

I thought that they are already included and it would work out of the box.
/dev /dvb is also missing
This?

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Linux4...ng_it_Work

Either that or the same firmware file (ngene_15.fw) seems to be in the firmware package for Ubuntu, so try sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree (or just check to see if /lib/firmware/ngene_15.fw exists to see if it's already on your system).
That does not work.

I tried to download firmware 15 as mentioned in the link, but i get a 404 error. So i tried firmware 18. Download was successfull.
Next step was to install the driver, but this failed with:

Code:
owel@XBMC:~/v4l-dvb$ make
make -C /home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l'
creating symbolic links...
make -C firmware prep
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/firmware'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/firmware'
make -C firmware
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/firmware'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/firmware'
Kernel build directory is /lib/modules/3.5.0-31-generic/build
make -C /lib/modules/3.5.0-31-generic/build SUBDIRS=/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l CFLAGS="-I../linux/include -D__KERNEL__ -I/include -DEXPORT_SYMTAB" modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-31-generic'
  CC [M]  /home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.o
In file included from /home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.h:10:0,
                 from /home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:22:
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/dvb_frontend.h:49:33: error: field 'parameters' has incomplete type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/dvb_frontend.h:313:28: error: array type has incomplete element type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c: In function 'xc2028_set_params':
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1081:2: error: unknown type name 'fe_bandwidth_t'
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1081:26: error: 'BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1081:26: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1088:9: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1094:13: error: 'BANDWIDTH_6_MHZ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1109:8: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1116:7: error: 'BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1117:8: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1177:31: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1178:5: error: 'T_DIGITAL_TV' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.c:1179:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
make[3]: *** [/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l/tuner-xc2028.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-31-generic'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/owel/v4l-dvb/v4l'
make: *** [all] Error 2

More tips?
Maybe let's not leap to rebuild v4l-dvb - you may have a good enough version already - let's nail the firmware first (plus I'm going to be no use with those compilation errors).

Try copying the ngene_18.fw file to /lib/firmware and rebooting; you can also still try grabbing the overall firmware from the linux-firmware-nonfree package,since I can't immediately tell if they're different versions for different cards or just successive versions. Make sure the permissions match the other .fw files.
This is most probably a case of missing firmware files. I had the same problem with an Afatech 9015. Try to track down the correct firmware file and add it to /lib/firmware.
I'm using the same card (DVB-C version). After installing the drivers like i described on this page:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1268446
The card is working perfect!
I got it working now.
installed firmware 18 and did a reboot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv Adapters List empty0