Win Need Internal IR Receiver Suggestion (with link)
Brick 
I'm almost done building my HTPC and the only thing I lack is the IR Receiver for my remote. I'd like for it to be internal or at least have the ability to turn on my PC in addition to controlling XBMC. Can anyone give me some suggestions on a good IR Receiver I can add to my PC? A link to the site where I can buy is preferred as I've seen several older threads pointing to hardware that is end of life and impossible to find.

Hardware
  • nMediapc 6000B case
  • ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo
  • Harmony One remote

Software
  • Windows 8 Pro
  • XBMC
well you have a CIR header so turning it on and off should be simple via remote with this IR reciever
also i use that same case for one of my systems and i like it.
there is a hardware section of the forum for just these questions...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@Vampirebat, Thank you so much! I ordered the part you suggested. You don't know how many hours I've looked for that part. It seems everyone talks about the HD Plex or a USB receiver.

@Livin, I did a search on all posts for internal IR receivers and read several of those posts. They were all old and/or had drifted off topic. When posting, I looked for a several minutes for the best place to post and didn't see hardware help on the forum main page. I test UX professionally and can say my posting in the wrong place is due to the layout and not due to lack of effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Internal IR Receiver Suggestion (with link)0