LMS + XBMC
Hi All,

Couple basic questions about LMS working with XBMC.

1. Does LMS have to be on the same system as the server for xbmc? I have sql setup and a raspberry pi serving as the server side (with xbmc running), so do I need LMS installed on the pi or can I install it on one of the clients and it would be the server for only LMS?

2. Can LMS work at all with sql syn setup? Reason I ask is I don't see how I can select music library as it's NFS setup - mounting to a folder I think would break my entire setup so hoping to avoid this.

Thanks in advance

Best,
Joel
LMS?
I have no idea what you mean with LMS either. Can you explain what you are talking about?
Feel free to use hyperlinks and descriptive pictures Wink
Suspect he means Logitech Media Server. But even saying that doesn't give me any idea what he is actually trying to do.
OK I have looked at the first post again. Assuming you are referring to Logitech Media Server.

Quote:Does LMS have to be on the same system as the server for xbmc
No, LMS and XBMC have very little to do with each other, although XBMC does have a squeeze addon.
Quote:I don't see how I can select music library as it's NFS setup
You will need the music directory to be in the local file system on the machine running LMS. But you can easily NFS mount the music folder onto the LMS machine and point LMS at the mount point.
Quote:mounting to a folder I think would break my entire setup...
I can't see why that would be so.
Quote:...so hoping to avoid this
You don't need to avoid it. Alternatively install LMS on the machine that has the music stored locally.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LMS + XBMC0