Win Which folder/files should i save before fresh install?
Brick 
Hi everyone,

I'm planning a switch to an SSD for my HTPC, along with an upgrade from Win7 to Win8, and i'd like to know which files and/or folders i should save in order to keep my XBMC Frodo configuration?

I don't really mind rescanning the library (although i made a few changes in the Movie library), but having to go through the whole process of configuring XBMC is a bit of a hassle.

What is the best way to migrate?

Thanks in advance for you help!
A fresh install is a fresh, no user data install. But I suspect you really want the same configuration you have now on a new O/S. With that in mind I would copy your entire roaming folder out C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Roaming to a safe spot... you could also copy the XBMC folder in your C:\Program Files (x86) or just install a fresh download. Once you're up and running with the new O/S just copy back the roaming (overwrite if needed any existing XBMC roaming file) and program folders if you didn't do a new install and you should be 100%
Hi Pat,

Thank you, this is the info i was after. I'll have to update XBMC as well, so i'll give the roaming folder a try Smile

Cheers!
Just a side note:: an update of XBMC (e.g. Eden to Frodo) is not the same as a fresh install, or an incremental update. Shouldn't be a big issue, but I know between Eden and Frodo, the covers got a rename to poster.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which folder/files should i save before fresh install?0