Release Trailer Screensaver Service
Official Release: 1.01 - Available through the XBMC official addon repository.

*** Please post a link to your xbmc.log with debugging on. This is the best way to troubleshoot your issue. ***

What does this addon do?
It acts as a screensaver to show random trailers from the users library (I could not get it to work as a screensaver addon seems XBMC turns off screensaver when a video is running) .

Options:

Timeout: Time in min. XBMC is idle before activating screensaver.
Number of Trailers: How many trailers to display before showing black screen. (Save on Bandwidth)
Display Animation: Show or Hide opening and closing animation.
Mute During Playback: Mute Audio during trailer playback

Installation
In XBMC, go to Settings » Add-ons » Services
Select Trailer Screensaver Service and choose install
-ken Z-
good work !

just a few thing after test:

- after playing trailers, it goes to black screen, but if you enabled mute option, the mute symbol stay on black screen, is it possible to remove it?

- when playing muted trailers, if we try to unmute, the screensaver exit, is it possible to handle that (i doubt)
(2013-05-30, 17:00)ppic Wrote: good work !

just a few thing after test:

- after playing trailers, it goes to black screen, but if you enabled mute option, the mute symbol stay on black screen, is it possible to remove it?

- when playing muted trailers, if we try to unmute, the screensaver exit, is it possible to handle that (i doubt)

I have figured out how to remove the mute when displaying the black screen. Only thing I can think of is to prompt the user if they want to exit or unmute when I detect activity. I have not been able to find any way to query XBMC to see what key was pressed or not. I am just looking at xbmc.globalIdletime to see if someone has done something.

Once I get done testing I will push and update to remove the mute from the black screen.
-ken Z-
This is very cool, although I admit I haven't even tried it yet Big Grin

one thing i think would be cool was if there was any way to have a nice high res xbmc logo in the corner, so when people see it on your tv they know its xbmc that is doing it. maybe the logo could be optional in the settings.
ok works great on my windowsxp machine, but on my android machine the trailers are playing really fast Big Grin as if they are on fast forward.

not sure if the log is any use to you but here it is anyway just incase you want it: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23393

also, i know some devs hate requests and others welcome them but here's an idea; i'd love to be able to press "i" so i can find out what im watching without everything stopping. is there any way of making "i" an exception to the rule?
(2013-05-31, 00:59)thebearnecessit Wrote: ok works great on my windowsxp machine, but on my android machine the trailers are playing really fast Big Grin as if they are on fast forward.

not sure if the log is any use to you but here it is anyway just incase you want it: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23393

also, i know some devs hate requests and others welcome them but here's an idea; i'd love to be able to press "i" so i can find out what im watching without everything stopping. is there any way of making "i" an exception to the rule?

What is happening behind the scenes is it builds a playlist of random trailers from your library, and simply plays the playlist. Not much I can dp to control the speed of the trailer playback. I will try it on my android tablet and see what happens.

I could put an option in to stop on activity. If you were to select no, then all the standard keys would work. You could mute and unmute, get info etc. The drawback is you would need to press X to stop on the OSD to exit.

I am also working on a script that plays random trailers on demand. It has full keyboard control and also allows you to filter by genre. It is in my repo here https://github.com/kzeleny/script.randomtrailers
-ken Z-
these two scripts have brought my xbmc alive Big Grin

"stop on activity" in the settings sounds good.

the speed problem is just so strange, all my movies etc play fine, and i used the youtube addon to play a few trailers and they were fine.

this script is great though, i was googling just a couple weeks ago looking to see if there was ana ddon that could do this.

i tried the random trailers and its brilliant too. the trailers played at normal speed. my personal opinion is that 1-click is always preferable. for example let the user decide in the settings if they want the genre prompt. if they don want the promp they could maybe select a default genre(s) in the settings. im just trying to make it kid and wife friendly Smile
(2013-05-31, 01:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: these two scripts have brought my xbmc alive Big Grin

the speed problem is just so strange, all my movies etc play fine, and i used the youtube addon to play a few trailers and they were fine.

this script is great though, i was googling just a couple weeks ago looking to see if there was ana ddon that could do this.

i tried the random trailers and its brilliant too. the trailers played at normal speed. my personal opinion is that 1-click is always preferable. for example let the user decide in the settings if they want the genre prompt. if they don want the promp they could maybe select a default genre(s) in the settings. im just trying to make it kid and wife friendly Smile

Thanks for the feedback always appreciated. I just updated the scrip to provide an option to select genre or not. https://github.com/kzeleny/script.randomtrailers

It should work but I have not tested it yet....
-ken Z-
(2013-05-31, 01:40)kzeleny Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 01:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: these two scripts have brought my xbmc alive Big Grin

Thanks for the feedback always appreciated. I just updated the scrip to provide an option to select genre or not. https://github.com/kzeleny/script.randomtrailers

can't see any new genre option in the settings. whats the correct way to install a new zip addon?

just go straight to instal from zip?
or 'uninstal' then 'install from zip'?

i tried them both in that order. is there maybe a folder i should be deleting or something?

edit ive just checked my addons folder and your changes are not in there. i'll delete the folder and install again.
(2013-05-31, 01:53)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 01:40)kzeleny Wrote:

can't see any new genre option in the settings. whats the correct way to install a new zip addon?

just go straight to instal from zip?
or 'uninstal' then 'install from zip'?

i tried them both in that order. is there maybe a folder i should be deleting or something?

edit ive just checked my addons folder and your changes are not in there. i'll delete the folder and install again.
there was an error in one of the files should work now
-ken Z-
got it thanks Smile
This has been replaced by a standard screensaver. See post here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167279
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer Screensaver Service1