Mapping search to keyboard
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I've searched the forums and had no luck so far.

I would like to know how and what I need to add to keymap.xml to activate the search window from the home screen and whilst in the TV Shows and Movies screens. I would liek to use "Alt+S" to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock
Galatians 6:7 (KJV) - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Hi there,

I would also like to know ghow to achieve this from a shortcut on the keyboard please.

I currently have he global search add on that I would like to activate via a shortcut instead of having to hover over it with my mouse.

Thanks

Ryan

so I found this in the forum -

You can add the following statement to your custom keyboard.xml file:

Code:

<some-key>SendClick(8)</some-key>

If you don't already have a custom keyboard.xml file in your userdata\keymaps\ directory, you can create one there with the following contents:

Code:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<some-key>SendClick(8)</some-key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Obviously, "some-key" needs to be substituted with the name of the actual key you want mapped to this function.

This works within the file lists but what if I want to call the seach from the home screen??

Thanks
Thank you!
Galatians 6:7 (KJV) - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
(2013-06-16, 23:14)ryankeast Wrote: I currently have he global search add on that I would like to activate via a shortcut instead of having to hover over it with my mouse.
Quote:This works within the file lists but what if I want to call the seach from the home screen??

In the <Home> stanza of your custom keyboard.xml, add the following statement:
Code:
<some-key>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</some-key>

If you don't have a <Home> stanza in your custom keyboard.xml, then create it and include the same RunScript statement:
Code:
<Home>
  <keyboard>
    <some-key>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</some-key>
  </keyboard>
</Home>

Pressing your assigned key while on the XBMC home page will now launch global search with the virtual keyboard displayed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mapping search to keyboard00