Mapping search to keyboard
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I've searched the forums and had no luck so far.

I would like to know how and what I need to add to keymap.xml to activate the search window from the home screen and whilst in the TV Shows and Movies screens. I would liek to use "Alt+S" to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock
Hi there,

I would also like to know ghow to achieve this from a shortcut on the keyboard please.

I currently have he global search add on that I would like to activate via a shortcut instead of having to hover over it with my mouse.

Thanks

Ryan

so I found this in the forum -

You can add the following statement to your custom keyboard.xml file:

Code:

<some-key>SendClick(8)</some-key>

If you don't already have a custom keyboard.xml file in your userdata\keymaps\ directory, you can create one there with the following contents:

Code:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<some-key>SendClick(8)</some-key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Obviously, "some-key" needs to be substituted with the name of the actual key you want mapped to this function.

This works within the file lists but what if I want to call the seach from the home screen??

Thanks
Thank you!
(2013-06-16, 23:14)ryankeast Wrote: I currently have he global search add on that I would like to activate via a shortcut instead of having to hover over it with my mouse.
Quote:This works within the file lists but what if I want to call the seach from the home screen??

In the <Home> stanza of your custom keyboard.xml, add the following statement:
Code:
<some-key>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</some-key>

If you don't have a <Home> stanza in your custom keyboard.xml, then create it and include the same RunScript statement:
Code:
<Home>
  <keyboard>
    <some-key>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</some-key>
  </keyboard>
</Home>

Pressing your assigned key while on the XBMC home page will now launch global search with the virtual keyboard displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mapping search to keyboard0