Windows 7 SMB not working at all
Hello all and thank you for the excellent support which has helped me on many occasions.

I have a windows 7 PC from which i stream video to my iPad and to my ATV2, both of which are running xbmc (wizard edition of Eden).

Since I installed the wizard edition my Apple TV2 cannot detect the Windows PC SMB at all. That is, nothing appears when I browse for an SMB share. Nothing appears when I browse anywhere.

Do I have to enter a network address manually? How do I do this if so?

I can't connect it using the following directions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=SMB/Windows. This makes all my folders undetectable. I was able to connect to some folders using Upnp - but these vanished after following the aforementioned thread.

I have uninstalled windows Live sign in assistant, and also altered settings in administrative tools.

Previously my SMB share was detected by XBMC and I could simply select 'WORKGROUP'. Now nothing works.

Please help.

Setup reminder:

Apple TV2 (black) - Running xbmc wizard edition
Win7 PC
It's funny because I have a similar problem, but haven't cared much as i work around it by manually adding to sources.xml when needed...

In windows 7 XBMC Frodo nightlies detected the SMB shares (which were actually on the same PC) without a problem.

In-place upgraded to Windows 8 (no firewall and password sharing turned off), and now the same shares / PC isn't seen when browsed by XBMC. The files play fine though! Adding the path to sources.xml and the videos are picked up and played....

I'm running a windows nightly from around May 26th, but again this has been the behaviour for me for a while now....
I gather from another thread that the xbmchub wizard is not official and is not supported here. I think my best bet is to uninstall it and reinstall the official build through the usual means of ssh.
We do not support the "wizard edition". It comes from a spam site that isn't official in any way. All it does is auto install add-ons that you can get from other places, replaces the skin background with spam, claims credit for both XBMC and said add-ons, and causes users problems. It is garbage that I would never let touch any of my XBMC installs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 SMB not working at all0