Bug [BUG] (or intentional?) Subtitle checkbox missing on embedded subs
Bug 
Using the latest Ember Media Manager, it ticks the tick when there are external subtitles but not embedded subtitles, so I'm kinda wondering if this is a bug or somehow intentional.

PS. I've looked through the topics and have not seen this mentioned, so if this is a duplicate, I apologize.
I think we are not able to detect internal subtitles. External ones are easy because we look for files with same name of the video and SRT or other extension. But for the embedded subtitles there is no check.

If you discover how to check the embedded subtitles we can improve the code.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Can't you process the metadata and grab the info from there?

Because the metadata finds the embedded subtitles and shows which language they are (if it's embedded correctly)
(2013-06-02, 12:25)Christian042 Wrote: Can't you process the metadata and grab the info from there?

Because the metadata finds the embedded subtitles and shows which language they are (if it's embedded correctly)

which metadata?
The one that Ember grabs from the media file

Ha!
was not aware of it!

will try to understand from where that info is grabbed and why is not managed as the other subtitles.

Thank you for highlighting the issue!
If you decide to include embedded subtitle to subtitle checkbox please make it optional.
I prefer current situation when it only marks the checkbox when external subtitles exists. Many videos have embedded subtitles I don't really care for and currently when EMM detects only external subtitles I exactly know which media I have subtitles I need. Something which I have actually power to manage compared to timr consuming remux of whole video in case I need to remove embedded subtitles (so I won't have a marked subtitle checkbox).

Thanks!
(2013-06-03, 22:22)ezechiel1917 Wrote: If you decide to include embedded subtitle to subtitle checkbox please make it optional.
I prefer current situation when it only marks the checkbox when external subtitles exists. Many videos have embedded subtitles I don't really care for and currently when EMM detects only external subtitles I exactly know which media I have subtitles I need. Something which I have actually power to manage compared to timr consuming remux of whole video in case I need to remove embedded subtitles (so I won't have a marked subtitle checkbox).

Thanks!

How bugs can be a functionality Smile
Also, remember that hard subs are merged into the videostream and can't be detected in meta.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
Correct,
I was thinking that, maybe, there is a way to detect subs in ISO/DVD folders or in the MKV or Vorbis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] (or intentional?) Subtitle checkbox missing on embedded subs0