• 8(current)
Solved Milkdrop 2 for XBMC
Most of the original Mildrop 2 presets are included, but I do miss the preset chooser panel. I'm going to dig into the presets and see if I can customize a bit. Watching Mildrop2incombination with the 'Artist Slideshow' and some skin additions is quite a treat. (worth installing Winamp)

I note the Winamp version pops up the title briefly then, melts it into the display. Skins like T! show the title/time overlay and that would be an exquisite addition along with using custom presets.
Just in case anyone missed the front page blog about this

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Anyone seen any other good presets?
I downloaded the extra mdpresets/exe, with over 40000 presets.... had a gander at a few. When using winamp hitting the L key brings up the pages of presets (almost 1500 pages) each accessible with a return key. By the name in the prest folder, I'm sure some of them can be simply copied across to the Kodi Milkdrop add-on/preset folder without issue, but it looks like quite a few have images or dependencies attached to the theme. It might be interesting to make some Kodi specific presets, but it's not like I have the energy to go through 40K worth of presets... etc.

But in the meantime, there's a lot of gems hidden in that archive, perhaps there is a forum that touts various presets and suggests various algorithms.
I'm so stoked that this feature is making its way back into the project! Back when I was using an xbox for xbmc, I used the "MilkDrop BritneysPAIRS (110)" zip file that was released with one of the popular xbmc bundles back then. Those 110 presets were the most beautiful ever. I still have it, and am waiting for the day I'll be able to pop it into any kodi install. I hope old visualization preset files with the *.milk extension will work in the projectm 2.0 implimentation. I was about to post the BritneyPAIRS zip but I'm assuming it's against board policy. Much thanks to those who are bringing this to Kodi!
Hi, what's the status with this? Will it be in the add-on repository any time soon, or is that not planned?

Looks great! Thanks for the hard work.
Status is for now it is windows only so not really worth putting it in the official repo quite yet.
Hm, ok. Thanks for the quick response.

Can someone provide instructions on how to install it? I tried downloading a zip of the repo and using that, but it was of the incorrect format. Then, I tried extracting the "visualization.milkdrop2" folder and making a zip of its contents (as it seemed to be more along the lines of an add-on's layout), and XBMC (13.2) still complained.

What should I do to install?
All you need to do is unpack it to a folder called "visualization.milkdrop2"

Then put it in the folder

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
uhm, milkdrop(2) uses directx. it will never be anything but windows only.
(2015-01-19, 18:28)PatK Wrote: I downloaded the extra mdpresets/exe, with over 40000 presets.... had a gander at a few. When using winamp hitting the L key brings up the pages of presets (almost 1500 pages) each accessible with a return key. By the name in the prest folder, I'm sure some of them can be simply copied across to the Kodi Milkdrop add-on/preset folder without issue, but it looks like quite a few have images or dependencies attached to the theme. It might be interesting to make some Kodi specific presets, but it's not like I have the energy to go through 40K worth of presets... etc.

But in the meantime, there's a lot of gems hidden in that archive, perhaps there is a forum that touts various presets and suggests various algorithms.

This is just guesswork on my part, but assuming the preset uses relative paths to load the additional textures rather than absolute paths, it should still work as long as the folder structure (as presented in the preset pack) is retained. Not tried this personally though. I did put a bunch of the presets from that pack in with the ones supplied with the addon, some worked, others just yeilded a black screen. YMMV.

Gib.
(2015-01-18, 15:44)moosenoz Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 23:42)PatK Wrote: Did you install a complete WinAmp and change your setting in the system>music>playback?

much thanks for all your help PatK.

if there's no other fix than installing winamp to get mikdrops2 working in kodi, than i don't see myself doing that.
i'm not that desperate to see new milkdrops visualizations. i'm sure a temp fix will be figured out.

cheers to all the devs working on this fantastic visualization.
Maybe you can unpack winamp and place the dll's in system32/ or w/e.. you can uninstall winamp straight away, the dlls remain. the dlls were removed from latest dx versions EVEN though ms said it kept backward support for them!
(2015-01-27, 17:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: uhm, milkdrop(2) uses directx. it will never be anything but windows only.

Noooooooo.. I have Kodi on my Fire tv and hate its basic OPen GL blocks.. any chance of getting any better visualizations on Android Kodi?
Aside from bugging the hell out of visualizer developers (SoundSpectrum.com, Ryan Geiss: developer of Milkdrop and Morphyre to name a few), doubtful. It's not a core feature of Kodi, so there's little interest in it, and even less developers to realise it, if there was. Also, if you've watched the FOSDEM videos, as Kib points out in the first one, while android is a standard, the hardware it's capable of running on varies greatly. Not every android device would be able to even display a complex visualizer, even if it WAS developed / added. In short, don't hold your breath.
(2015-02-28, 04:26)yabel Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 17:25)ironic_monkey Wrote: uhm, milkdrop(2) uses directx. it will never be anything but windows only.

Noooooooo.. I have Kodi on my Fire tv and hate its basic OPen GL blocks.. any chance of getting any better visualizations on Android Kodi?

Yep, they're rubbish. It'd be nice to have another choice.
I'm no developer. But doesn't this make it all possible?

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/178276...inux-games
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop 2 for XBMC3