Linux HD sound options went missing, broken audio
Running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS. I consistently update, not sure what broke it for me. Now, when I go into "Audio Output" on the Settings, I have 3 options: "Audio output", "Speaker Configuration", and "Play GUI sounds". Everything else that is normally there is missing (boost volume, XXX capable receiver, audio output device, passthrough device).

The symptom is loss of audio decoding on movies and tv shows. I can play music just fine. I've looked for errors and haven't found much so far. I have had issues in the past with Alsa, but it was usually an all or nothing. I cannot seem to find anyone else randomly losing the "XXX capable receiver" options.

1. Log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5728002/
  2. No screenshots.
  3. XBMC: 13.0-ALPHA4
  4. Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 3.2.0-45-generic
  5. x86_64
  6. PPA Install
  7. Git:0ccc594
  8. Updated the system as usual and sound within XBMC has changed.
  9. No backtrace
  10. No compile output
Audio types not working: DTS, AC3, probably more (mkv container)
Audio types working: mp3, flac
ZOTAC GeForce GT520
Forgot I had added the unstable ppa. Went back to the regular ppa and all is working now with 12.2. Not sure if it is a bug or something I did.
No there is a new system where configs are layered into beginners up to expert. In the settings page hit left arrow and choose a settings level.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And folks,

This is why you don't use Unstable in a production environment Smile Thanks for the reply. I will go back and see if I can find out why those formats aren't playing. I would assume it would have carried my settings through?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD sound options went missing, broken audio0