Download Trailers... Ember?
Hi all.

I’d like to download trailers for all of my films and keep them locally stored.

To manage my media I currently use TV Rename (Vr 2.2.4) for TV Series and Ember Media Manager (Vr 1.3 r9) for Films. I’m unable to get Ember MM to download trailers. I’m not sure if I’m doing this incorrectly or this feature in currently broken?

If anyone can help with getting this feature working I would be most appreciative, alternatively a link to a standalone program for downloading trailers would be great.

Just a side question….. Is Ember MM still maintained? I can’t seem to access their website. Just curious if there’s another release looming and what added functions / improvements this would bring.
EMM as its own sub-forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=195. You may find your answers there.
You need to make sure you enable the trailer settings in the settings menu click on MOVIES then SCRAPERS IMAGE & TRAILERS then there is trailer settings in the lower left of that window, change your settings to how you would like to get them. Then go to EMBER NATIVE SCRAPERS right below then enable trailer support and the sites you would like to get them from.

Not sure how well they work in automatic because i scrape each movie individually. But when you get through the options there will be a window to select trailers and if you would like to download or set link to nfo. Click the youtube link it gives you and hit download, then select your quality. Mine defaults to 360 mp4 and download. Sometimes it will not take on the first try so just click through again. Let me know if that helps you.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't get Ember MM to scrape trailers last time. I'll give it another go with your post when I get chance.

Is there website down? I can't seem to load it. Just want to make sure I'm on the latest version before I continue.
Don't think the site is supported. If you like in this forum for Dan Cooper look at his Signsture for the most current release.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
... or check this treath:
[Release] Ember Media Manager 1.3.x
Star! Thanks.

I'll download the latest release and try again.
Thanks all. I have downloaded verson 1.3.13, set it up and have managed to download Trailers!

A couple of question.....
Can Ember download subtitles or does it just detect if they are present?
Does it also detect if they are in a container file (mkv)?
What would xbmc do if I had subs in an mkv and a sub file aswell?

Thanks again
I don't believe there is a subtitle download but could be wrong?

I think it only checks if there is a subtitle file in your movie folder. On the last screen of the scrape where it shows file info, it will show if you have subs in the file but it does not put a check box out on the main screen.

Not sure on last one.

Thanks again AnthonyJS02.

I was thinking of trying a program called SubDownloader to grab subtitles for all of my films.
I think I will find a film with the subs in the container file and get an external sub file as well and throw it at XBMC to see what happens. I’m guessing if there is an external file there it would choose that over the embedded subs as its there for a reason… We will see.

Some more question...
About the watched feature in Ember, is this wrote to the metadata so all my XBMC machines will see and understand?
I can alter a films watched status in Ember, but is there a way of doing this to several films at once?

Anyone know of an alternative to SubDownloader. Thought it was free but just checked and thats only for 15 days
I have started to use a program called FileBot.
Click on the subtitle section, set language on first use, drag my films over to the white triangle with a blue background and it will search for subtitles for me. Click download and I have them.

I use a powerful program called Bulk Rename Utility to remove the "-(Eng)" from the file name so that it matches the film title and its all done. Just set it to Rename "-(Eng)" to "" and done.

A couple of points though

I have to do my films in stages as there seems to be a limit on how many I can download per day without being registered with one of the source websites, but once I am uptodate, this won't be a problem.

FileBot doesn't seem to find subtitles for all of my films. May be a naming issue though.

It doesn't check if I already have a subtitle file in the folder so sometimes I get a duplicate. Easy to sort thought with some trickery in the Bulk Rename Utility program.

Would be better if FileBot renamed the subtitle to my liking (the same as the film title) via an option menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Trailers... Ember?0