Linux Video quality issues.
Hi All.

I recently setup my Openelec XBMC box, and I'm having some issues with video quality.
the XBMC GUI seems perfect, but the Live TV sometimes it's sluggish, but most importantly it has interlacing issues.

I'm using the PS3 PlayTV tuners, that I basically disconnect from the PS3, and connect to the computer, so I imagine the problem is not the tuners or signal quality.

I'm using a laptop with a core2duo of 2Ghz

I'd appreciate any help.
Play around with the "Deinterlace method" and "Scaling method" video settings (Video Settings from the OSD menu).
Sad 
(2013-06-05, 16:27)negge Wrote: Play around with the "Deinterlace method" and "Scaling method" video settings (Video Settings from the OSD menu).

I've got basically the same issue in that I can only get a low resolution from play tv and the tvheadend backend. I, however, cannot find the OSD video settings with the Deinterlace method and scaling method. Please Help!!!
Open the menu that has lots of buttons along the bottom border, then go to the one that looks like a movie reel.
Hi,

any special gfx card or internal Intel graphics (in laptops probably no special gfx core) ? .. somewhere here I was told, that atm regular builds don't support deinterlacing on intel machines, they depend on hw accel, which is not supported there. They even really don't work with nvidia cards (12.2), try to use XVBA build

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

.. it has experimental support for intel too, but you need latest experimental drivers .. check the thread there for further questions ..

Greetz

Lastcoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
tvheadend will record exactly what is sent by the broadcaster, so what you see is what is sent.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-07-23, 04:42)nickr Wrote: tvheadend will record exactly what is sent by the broadcaster, so what you see is what is sent.

What's that got to do with de-interlacing?
(2013-07-23, 09:05)negge Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 04:42)nickr Wrote: tvheadend will record exactly what is sent by the broadcaster, so what you see is what is sent.

What's that got to do with de-interlacing?
I thought the OP was talking about video quality in general with, but closer inspection does seem to reveal it is just a deinterlacing problem. Sorry for the noise!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video quality issues.0