DVBLink how are you getting EPG data?
Hi

I am trying to setup DVBLogic's DVBLink TV Source as the back-end on my WHS server.

I have installed this XBMC add-on for DVBLink. BTW is there more than one XBMC add-on for DVBLink ??

Using DVBLink's in-built eit scanner it doesn't seem to pickup EPG data for all the channels that the DVB-T2 tuner has detected.

There is also something in DVBLink called XMLTV which I am unsure how to use this for UK Freeview guide data, presumably you get an XML file from some data source and DVBLink can import it.

Also heard EPG Collector mentioned on the forums which is an add-on for DVBLink I believe.

Question is this: Those using XBMC clients only i.e. no Windows MCE how have you configured DVBLink to get EPG data ?

I also started a thread on the DVBLink forum here

Many thanks
xmltv is a standard open format for tv epg data. See http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page

The radio times xmltv source is apparently the best for the UK. I know many people use it to populate the EPG data for mythtv.

PS most EIT data in the world is crap, so you are not alone Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink how are you getting EPG data?0