Frodo "loses" audio device
I've recently upgraded my full Eden setup to Frodo 12.2. This of course involved setting up the Audio Engine (deleting RealPlayer, etc.) which all seems to have gone well.

I have had a couple of odd glitches, though. In the first case when I turned XBMC on there was no sound and when I checked the audio device settings were at Direct SPDIF instead of the Wasapi HDMI to my Denon AVR. In this case I could just reset to the Wasapi setting and everything was fine.

In the second case no sound and the audio was again set to Direct SPDIF but there were no other audio devices listed. I exited XBMC and checked the Windows sound devices and all was fine. On restarting XBMC now all devices were in the list and I could reset to Wasapi and everything is fine.

Has anyone else seen this (nothing I could find in search)? Are there some stability issues in the Audio Engine settings? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Win 7, 64b
Intel HD4000 graphics and imbeded audio
Frodo 12.2
Aeon NOX 4.x
HDMI to Denon 3808
I've seen this upon resuming my XBMC machine. I have XBMCLauncher set to kill on Suspend, and then restart XBMC on Resume.

What I believe happens is there is a delay for the audio devices to initialize in Resume - and so there is a moment where XBMC sees nothing. I believe I also saw this issue when not killing/restarting XBMC on Resume.

I'd turn on the Debug log and then post it here to see what it says. Then we could verify if XBMC is dropping audio devices because of Resume as suspected.
Thanks for info, wasn't sure if I was nuts or not. I don't use XBMCLauncher and generally leave XBMC up all the time allowing the PC to auto sleep and resume based on commands from my remote. Your hypothesis sounds plausible but may be hard to catch if random. I'll see what I can do about inducing a recurrence with debug turned on. If I'm successful, I'll post back.
Disable all playback devices except hdmi. This way xbmc will use hdmi only. Even in this case xbmc may default to directsound hdmi instead of wasapi.
Thanks for suggestion. It hasn't happened again, but I will probably give that a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo "loses" audio device0