• 8(current)
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.1
It probably wouldn't be too hard to create a skin setting for display time and pass it in with a runscript call would it? This way the skinner can decide if they wanted to expose that option.
Hi there,

I am having problems in skins for Music Fanart.

There is only one and the same picture visable. I have tried the cache solution (./texturecache.py c audio). But didn't fix it.

Installed the skin over and over again and the same on Rapier and Aeon. The files are on a Nas.

Some other sugestions I could try?

Kodi on Openelec
I would really need a debug log to be able to give you an guidance here. A few questions though:

1) What is the cache solution? Never heard of it, any links to how this works?

2) What do you mean "the files are on a NAS". This addon will only display images that are part of the internal texture cache as returned by a JSON call to Kodi which returns the location of the fanart. For instance to get Artist Fanart this is the call that is sent - { "jsonrpc" : "2.0" , "method" : "AudioLibrary.GetArtists" , "params" : { "properties":["fanart","description"] } , "id":1 }

It returns a path to the file in the form of: image://http%3a%2f%2fassets.fanart.tv%2ffanart%2fmusic%2f084308bd-1654-436f-ba03-df6697104e19%2fartistbackground%2fgreen-day-4dc724ce3ef1a.jpg/

The debug log will include a line that says something like "found 10 music files" to let you know how many Kodi is returning as part of the JSON call.
Hi thanks for your answer.

1)
The cache method is here.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

I mentioned "music is in the NAS" was just informational.

I also asked this question on the rapier forum.
Some fanart is now visiable.
But got another problem.
I shot a video.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215406
Thanks for the info on the cache python script. Pretty cool.

I tried to watch your youtube vid but it says it's marked as private so it wouldn't let me see it. In all honesty, if you just posted a debug log someone would have likely solved this already. There are only a few different things it could be as the method for getting this artwork from the DB to the screen is pretty straight forward.
Yw.
My video is now public. So you can see it now. If I am correct.

I will post a debug log when I my other half would let me hand over the remote control of the TV. Wink
Hi wackid.

I have just watched your video.

It's clear to me that it's not a skin issue.

I think it's still a caching problem. Have you tried running the caching script once again for your music?
Yes I have tried several times. But without any effect.

I will try to upload my log for Rob. Hope he knows why.
Just saw the video too - wonder what version of the Fanart Grabber Rapier is running? Might have to check that out.

The black screen is usually what you get when the fanart it is trying to load cannot be loaded for some reason (can't download, corrupted, etc). The log will tell all .........

UPDATE - just downloaded the newest Rapier to check. it is running 0.13.0 - the newest version is 0.13.2. There were some changes to how json strings are decoded that might make a difference here. You can download the new one directly and replace it on your system if you wish - https://github.com/robweber/script.grab.fanart
Thanks a lot for pointing this out.

I changed Rapier to use 0.13.2

Cheers
Gade
I'm getting the log warning below while running on Helix and trying to set the refresh rate by calling "RunScript(script.grab.fanart,mode=random,refresh=10)" in my startup.xml

Code:
RunScript called for a non-script addon 'script.grab.fanart'. This behaviour is deprecated.

I presume it's because of the info in the wiki - Any chance of getting the script updated ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thanks for the info, it appears as though the "xbmc.python.module" point I'm using now should be replaced with "xbmc.python.library". I'll get this taken care of and ask for a repo pull.
I am getting the following script error every time in all my systems at boot, both Gotham and Helix. I am not sure what updated in the past week to give me a script error for grab fanart:

Code:
15:43:31 T:2807388992   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: could not convert string to float:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/script.grab.fanart/service.py", line 350, in <module>
                                                GrabFanartService().run()
                                              File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/script.grab.fanart/service.py", line 138, in run
                                                self.refresh_prop = time() + float(utils.getSetting("refresh"))
                                            ValueError: could not convert string to float:
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
What skin are you using? I'm guessing the "refresh" setting they are passing is not a number. A debug log would probably have it.
(2015-03-03, 01:36)robweber Wrote: What skin are you using? I'm guessing the "refresh" setting they are passing is not a number. A debug log would probably have it.

I use CCM for Helix and Nebula for Helix, and for my Gotham machine, I use the older CCM for Gotham and Nebula for Gotham.

I am not sure what you meant by the "refresh" setting not being passed as a number.

As for the issue, it only started happening in the past couple of days. In addition, I can confirm it happening on both CCM for Helix, CCM for Gotham, and Nebula for Gotham (haven't tested on Nebula for Helix).

EDIT:

I figured out the problem. It was the 'special://home/userdata/addon_data/script.grab.fanart/settings.xml' file which was causing this. I deleted it and the problem went away. I will test further to make sure I do not have the same issue again.

Here is the contents of the 'settings.xml' file. I am not sure why the issue happened as a result. I never made the file nor edited it. It must have been added automatically in the past:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="mode" value="random" />
    <setting id="refresh" value="" />
</settings>
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.13