Looking for replacement for my Foxconn nt-330i
Hi,

till this morning i was a happy owner of a Foxconn nt330i (intel atom 330 with nvidia ion) using 2gb ram and 64gb SSD for about 2 or 3 years.

All worked ok, almost 2 months 24/7 on without reboot, running windows 8 with Qbittorrent, Jdownloader and XBMC all time, also use it as a NAS with 2 external 3TB HDs to acces them from desktop pc and notebook.

This morning my mother cleaning it.. er... broke it.. seems some GPU problem. Anyway i was already thinking on replacing it for a fanless solution.

I have seen on Foxconn two new more modern setups, the AT-5570 and AT-5250. I have been looking on forum if someone had any of them but couldnt find any more than info about the product exist, not tests.

AT-5570 is:

AMD Dual Core C70 1.0GHz APU
One SO-DIMM Socket support DDR3 up to 8GB
AMD Radeon HD 7290 support DX11
FANLESS

AT-5250 is:

Intel Dual Core Atom D2550 1.86GHz
One SO-DIMM Socket support DDR3 up to 4GB
Intel GMA 3650
FANLESS

I add to clean HTPC 4gb ram i will buy with it and 64gb SSD i already have.

What you people think about them? Id preffer buy something already ready to put ram and SSD HD than make a full HTPC with case, mobo, cpu, ... mostly cause im not sure ill do ok.

I have also read the "Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700" thread. Sounds great but i read some ppl having problems with windows on it. I preffer windows cause of easy usage and cause someday id like to put MAME on it (old games, no need much CPU/GPU for it i think) and its very easier to manage from XBMC on windows than on linux. Actually i had the old nt330i some time with xbmcbuntu on a SD card, but changed to windows when i got the SSD HD, worked perfect so i continued with it.

Any one has tested those foxconn fanless htpcs? Any other suggestion?

My must have is: windows 8 (i have license), put my actual 2.5" SSD HD, work perfect on 1080p 24p and 50p (euro tv series), silent (fanless better but its not a must), and of course being able to manage XBMC (i used confluence cause less gpu needs than AEON NOX) with jdownloader and qbittorrent on background (i manage them through web from desktop PC). True HD and DTS-HD support is not a must (i connect this to my Onkyo AV that support it but im not beethoven so i will probably not notice so much difference)

Very thnx to all in advance!
AT-5570 will be better.

I believe Intel GMA has issues with a lot of things.
running WINDOWS + XBMC on an anemic CPU is not recommended speed wise....

you should look at a ZOTAC ZBOX solution.

check for the ZBOX ID83 / ID88, those 2 are equipped with the core i3 cpu.
Thanks both for advice, then all GMA 3650 builds are not on the list any more Big Grin

eskro, is there any recommended Zbox with AMD to make it a bit cheaper that still works ok with Win + XBMC. I know I3 is a nice CPU but although i said ill use Windows + XBMC, Windows will be just the SO under XBMC, i mean i wont use more apps than XBMC; jdownloader, qbittorrent and someday perhaps Mame (not same time than XBMC). I have been checking prizes for ID83 on my country and its a bit expensive now.

(btw loving ur Windows * Build 2, badly those prize arent here atm, we have here the prize u linked but without the 27% save hehe)
why not build something like this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166627

??
Seems a nice one, i haven been checking compare on Intel Atom 330 and that Celeron G1610, seems more Mhz 2.6 vs 1.8 but less threads 2 vs 4 and much more power consumption.

I suppose if u recomment it and its 4 years newer will be for sure better and power consuption even higher isnt a big problem but have 2 doubts

The integrated graphics of the celeros is good enough? I had ION that worked perfect on XBMC over windows 8, 24p worked with no judder at all with all kind of files, even high rate mkvs. Will be a silent build? i dont mean fanless but on ur build u dont put any cooler so i suppose it uses own celeron cooler, or its a fanless system and i didnt notice?

Isnt there nice on AMD that perhaps gets cheaper? I mean something between the Celeron and the I3 builds with AMD perhaps gets good performance and better prize than the I3

Thnx again
What about ZOTAC ZBOX ID41 instead of the ID83?, its 150€ cheaper (almost 200$). Its a Intel Atom D525 better than my old atom 330 with NVIDIA ION that worked perfect on my old HTPC.
(2013-06-07, 11:14)zgotenz Wrote: Seems a nice one, i haven been checking compare on Intel Atom 330 and that Celeron G1610, seems more Mhz 2.6 vs 1.8 but less threads 2 vs 4 and much more power consumption.

I suppose if u recomment it and its 4 years newer will be for sure better and power consuption even higher isnt a big problem but have 2 doubts

The integrated graphics of the celeros is good enough? I had ION that worked perfect on XBMC over windows 8, 24p worked with no judder at all with all kind of files, even high rate mkvs. Will be a silent build? i dont mean fanless but on ur build u dont put any cooler so i suppose it uses own celeron cooler, or its a fanless system and i didnt notice?

Isnt there nice on AMD that perhaps gets cheaper? I mean something between the Celeron and the I3 builds with AMD perhaps gets good performance and better prize than the I3

Thnx again

The celeron is nearly 5 times more powerful than the Atom. Can't go by GHz and Thread counts... check the passmark. Celeron is also pretty power efficient.

Celeron graphics are good enough for everything 2D. You could buy a quieter LP cooler if you want.

If you can find an A6-3500 for cheap that would also be good.

If nothing else, check out the Celeron NUC. Not silent (unless you buy a fanless case) but will run Windows fine and graphics are good enough for what you want.
Thanks for the info cwide. I have read many problems with NUC, i considered it but too much problems. The A6-3500 seems a good option, on eskro post about it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166543

It says 1080p 3d (i wont never use 3d as i cant see it for personal problems) and HD bitstreaming, so for sure better than celeron, and cost is not so high than going to the i3.

The cons are no problem for me as i will use LAN ethernet, and i have several remotes all with own receiver Smile

One more question, on the local shop i use to buy some things (if too expensive ill go to inet shops as everybody) they have this case:

MINI-ITX LG POWER LC-1340MI with 75W PSU, any advice? If bad i just tell them look for prize for the ANTEC ISK 110, probably they can get it.
Well i went today to local shop with eskro AMD build, hope monday i have their prize, if its not much high than inet shops.. soon ill have it at home, need it badly, cant live without my htpc hehe, I asked prize for all the build except the SSD as i can use my old one

Thnx all for all the info!
right on! keep us up to date!
I've had a Foxconn AT-5570 fan-less for testing from a Dutch Foxconn employee but besides the soundless working there was not so much positive to tell about.
The little machine can do XBMC (with a little patience) but anything else is really to much for the AMD C70 1.0GHz APU. If one (like TS) would wanna use some programs in the background like jdownloader and qbittorrent then there will be drama.

The new Foxconn series (AT-7300/7500/7700) are not fan-less but are a much better choice with the i3/i5/i7 CPU and HD 4000 graphics chip but they are to expensive. That is why I choose for an alternative for the AT-7300 and found that in the Giada i53B. The Intel NUC could be an alternative also but that is to limited on connections.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Hi again,

p750mmx, yes, i read that the CPU and GPU on those fanless are limited so its not enough to run much things, perhaps enough for xbmcuntu but not for a windows with some apps in background. Its out of the list. The high end foxconn could be a possibility but after a problem on my old one and very expensive replace of components ill go to a build.

eskro, i got answer from local shop, they say me they are having problems taking the AMD MOBO so they could only give me half prize of de i3.. and i say half cause they gave me prize on i3-3220 not 3225 (i told them no thnx, hd2500 vs hd4000..), and another case.

Seems ill have to buy online, but i have new question, are u sure the 90W psu is enough for the AMD A6-3500? I read in some threads that on tests the A6-3500 gets over 95W at some moments, and also on a online store on my country (spain) if i choose this case i cant choose this cpu and viceversa. I could call them and ask for it anyway, but just wanted to be sure.
My fault, i read that about more than 90W on some situations on a spanish forum talking about similar build (its not a tech forum), but they link to this url

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd...iew,8.html

and they didnt notice that when they talk about >90W its not the A6-3500 with integrated GPU, its using an external GPU...

Using internal GPU + SSD + 8GB and full load they get 85W.. so.. 90w is enough.

I found a friend that used to have a shop that will help me build it (i have only problems with the thermal grease, had a bad experience years ago and dont wanna repeat hehe), so ill probably order all today or tomorrow.

AMD A6-3500 Accelerated Processor, CPU € 57,90*
Antec ISK 110 VESA-EU € 76,90*
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2gb) € 42,49*
ASRock A75M-ITX, Mainboard € 76,90*

Subtotal with taxes € 254,19*
Shipping Cost € 8,99

Total: € 263.18
fantastic zgotenz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for replacement for my Foxconn nt-330i0